CannaNewbie 2nd grow. Pls Tag along and help

Hello friends. This is my second grow. First one was ugly but successful with 11oz from 2 NL autos. I feel like I learned a lot from it with everyone’s help :pray:t3:This time I will be growing 3 photos. Tropicana banana - wedding cake - purple punch all from Barney’s farm. I have the Tropicana banana and wedding cake in solo cups with FF light warrior and will transplant into 5 gallon fabric pots of 1/2 & 1/2 of light warrior and ocean forest. Top half will be FFLW and bottom half will be FFOF. The purple punch seed cracked but the tap root is a tiny nipple. Moved it to somewhere warmer in the wet paper towel/ziplock bag for a few more days before trying to germinate another if I need. Tent is a 2x4x6…Lights are HLG 260xl…ac infinity t6 and will be trying jacks 321. Pls tag along and help me :pray:t3::pray:t3: Any advice? If I’ve forgotten to tag anyone, feel free to tag along. @Bulldognuts @dbrn32 @Dbpooper @Nicky @Enlightened420 @Oldguy @OlyBoy98503 @SKORPION @Cannabian @repins12

14 Likes

@GreenSnek @GreenFlex @Covertgrower @Not2SureYet

3 Likes

Every grow gets you better , looking forward to the adventure.

2 Likes

Awesome. More beans. Go get’em!

2 Likes

Set to watch. I believe this will be a great success :+1:

3 Likes

Watching as well my purple punch seeds probably won’t be here in time sadly but I’m tuned in to :grin:

1 Like

Thank you. Will need help lol

1 Like

I hope so. Get ready for the questions buddy lol

1 Like

I may have to germ another pp. you got time lol. Tag me when u do start

Yea I just checked my email and finally after nearly 4 weeks after putting in the order they’re finally packing up my seeds and about to ship so they may come JUST in time for me current harvest

1 Like

Thanks for the tag. Always happy to follow along. Nice line up there :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m on board my friend :+1: :tumbler_glass: :v:

1 Like

May the grass be with you Obi-Wan!

3 Likes

3 in a 2x4? Suggest you get 2 trellis nets and just SCOG that thing and then flip it.
That would be your best bet. Lollipop SCOG them with two nets. Could do one but… Suggest two

1 Like

I was thinking of scrogging but wasn’t sure how and how I’d flush, I like to take them into the shower and run water through them. Going to watch some videos on YouTube about scrogging. My Tropicana banana and wedding cake just poked their heads out of the soil. Still have helmets on. Not sure what height I should keep my light and power. I have a hlg260. Any advice from anyone? @dbrn32

2 Likes

I would think 24 in with dimmer at about 30% would be a good starting point if they start stretching increase it and to be safe put them on the outer edges of the light so they can shy away if to much as for drainage beardless does this and I plan on copying with cooling racks

4 Likes

That’s a good idea. I may do that. I’m not sure how tall these will get for them to sit elevated like that. My tent is 6ft high. I’m guessing I’ll be ok :man_shrugging:t2:…my purple punch tap root still hasn’t grown. It’s still the same like a small nipple for 3 days now. It was my only pp seed. I just dropped a gelato seed from black skull into a glass of water. Hopefully have better luck. I was looking forward for the pp after hearing good things about it :disappointed:

2 Likes

Set to watch :+1:

1 Like

thats why I have never netted, hard to flush. I have recently started using all organic though and dont seem to have a need to flush so I might try the net in the future. good luck I’ll watch. and it sounds crazy but I use a lux app on my phone to set my lights. over the grows I have figured out refrence points. I keep mine around 26,000 lux durning flower. I raise or lower my lights tell I get about that reading, any more and my plants burn. now your light is diffrent then mine and your phone/app maybe diffrent too so set ur own refrence points . I hope this helps some.

2 Likes

Wow for me to get 25000 lux on my app the lights have to be turned way down and have to be raised way high for that reading. If i stick my phone under my cheese plant and turn lights on 37494 lux max it goes i believe it was. I raide the loghts up like 4 feet still same if i turn it almost all the way down i get a 24000 area lux reading. Lol. Thats with 2 hlg 260xls. I hot my 2 above my cheese plant about 16 inches full run and she is doing magnificent. Stacking up nicely

2 Likes