Cannacapsules and how i do mine

Yes thanks for pointing that out @Fever is totally correct

I meant if you want the benefits without the plant material

1 Like

Once you have decarbonised the cannabis this will activate the thc, so thatā€™s why you donā€™t need to smoke it and eating it works

Well, I donā€™t see what you mean. All I have now is trim. So, if I decarb, grind and put into capsules , that somehow wonā€™t work?

1 Like

Trim will work if itā€™s been decarbonised but obviously not as strong as the flower, which is what I use, I donā€™t know what everyone else uses

1 Like

Well, the experiment is underway. Sugar trim has just been decarbed and wow! The oven reeks! Iā€™ll grind some fine for capsules and some coarse for adding to food.

4 Likes

The best way that I have found to decarbonise is with the Ardent lift decarboxylator, bit harder to get in the UK but they come from America

1 Like

I think you studied pharmacy, you really pulverised the hell of the buds

1 Like

Wow this is really helpful to me!!!

2 Likes

Glad I could help @Supernoobie and @marijgee I was a pharmaceutical team leader packing all kinds of drugs for clinical trials and commercial lines so I had to do some encapsulating and stuff all by hand and all associated paperwork that went with it

1 Like

So decarb, crush and fill . Does this help for pain.

From what I understand, if one can get 30ish capsules per ounce, and there is 28 grams per ounce, that a capsule will hold roughly a gram of matter, which is about the same matter it takes to roll a joint. Interesting and thanks for your input.

Excellent thread thanks @daz49
I use weed as medication too and now I am hopefully successfully growing very keen on making capsules.

The prices here as its still illegal would cost $16 per capsule to make so wish be well with my first grow :grin:

1 Like

I highly recommend filling caps with RSO/FECO, rather than cannacoconut oil or such.

An ounce of bud will get you approximately 6 grams of extract, which will make about 60 doses.

2 Likes

Fantastic tutorial.

1 Like

@TDubWilly. This is the process that I used to do my capsules,Iā€™d love to try it your way,so please give me a list of the things Iā€™m going to have to try to get and go through what I need to do with what, I donā€™t have a hotplate, I have done a tincture with my butter maker called the green dragon if that makes any difference or if itā€™s a help,thatā€™s what I use for my gummies and you can use it in a drink or even straight on your tongue but they suggest under your tongue but itā€™s pretty hot,hence the green dragon, itā€™s also green lol

1 Like

So what exactly are you doing after you decarboxalate the cannabis and grind it up? It looked like that was going into the capsule.

Magnetic hot plates are cheap or expensive

This is a well priced one

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WGGM5SH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_CvP3EbBXZ4E2C

Kinda hard to stir it together without one. You would need am ordinary hot plate and something silicone to stir it with

I mix with lecithin powder and something else but I canā€™t remember what the other ingredient is.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J57WFF6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_rzP3EbJ8EKKFD

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y2JWDQ3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_tAP3EbZFASE9J

As long as you can make decarbed dab, these three things will help you make those capsules

1 Like

I decarb with my ardent lift decarber but I donā€™t know how you make dab,I love using my mb2 butter maker it makes butter so much quicker and it does other aswell,it was @Willd who got me into it,he and a few others have been my helpful friend since I joined the site, sorry to hear about your cancer I know what it can take out of you and a few friends on here have it, I hope the fight is going well for you,my brother in law who was also a long time childhood friend past from it a few years ago, I will do a search tomorrow to see if I can source these materials as its getting on here and I still have a few things to do,thanks for your help and please tag me in any more of your threads and please join us in the morning garden

1 Like