Cannabis Smoker Over Age 50? Please Read & Respond! Thanks!

The most I smoke in a day Is a mini bong bowl , my grows are just to strong for more, you should check out cannabox you get a monthly mini bong or pipe and t shirt the valentine’s day pixel heart bong and apple bong are my favorites so far next theme is nuclear bomb themed

2 Likes

62 started smoking weed in the early 70s bought and sold it. Acapulco gold, Panama red, Columbian, Thai sticks, hash, hash oil, honey oil and Mexican dirt weed to name a few. Some of it was spectacular, most of it was crap. My brother’s and I grew pot in the late 70s and 80s in Humboldt and Santa Cruz. It was some good stuff. Stopped smoking weed in 98 and took it up again a year and a half ago. It took me awhile to get used to how strong the weed is nowadays. At first one hit was enough to keep me stoned for hours and two hits was almost too much. Now a hit lasts me about an hour and two hits are enough but not too much. Still can’t go out in public and interact with people after one hit. So I only smoke if I’m staying home or if I’m going out, I don’t have to talk to anyone. Don’t send me to the grocery store after a hit or two. I have chronic pain and it helps tremendously but I can’t do it and go to work so I suffer all day until I get home.

5 Likes

Sounds like you need a slightly early harvested good pain killer , for clarity and pain killing the msnl tangerine dream I just grew would be perfect for you ( I only allow up to 5% amber because I like to be active while high) there’s also a good thc simple syrup recipe I use pre work every day with all my energy strains in it so maybe try mini edible doses while working

2 Likes

I will turn 60 in August and when I started back smoking eating about 4 years I was wondering the same thing I was taking pain meds for years and all they did for me was almost destroy me and my family cannabis has took me to a much better place in my life less pain less stress better living

7 Likes

i can relate!

thanks, i will look into that strain!

yeah, its amazing we used to throw the seeds out as worthless refuse, seeds all over the floor…so little in size and inconsequential…but now we buy seeds for good money!

1 Like

Good to know!

I’d sure be Interested in the rhc simple syrup recipe!! Thanks

1 Like

Here you go it makes 3 cups the only thing cut off is stain b through fine mesh strainer

3 Likes

Your post brings back old memories, I do remember the Columbian and Mexican weed days Some was much better than the others. Back then it was a good practice to try a doobie before you purchase it. And occasionally they would be some black sticky gummy hash come through that would knock your shoes off. I feel like weed today is much better. Drying and curing my own weed I get an excellent taste and I can smile the aroma of different strains. I will be 62 years old very shortly and enjoying every day
Happy growing and good luck my friend !

6 Likes

Add me to the list. I am nearly sixty. Quit for many years for various reasons like those described and a few years ago "re-engaged’. If you are one of us suffering from the maladies that come with surviving this long you may find it of great help. I know I did. Though I was skeptical at first. As to the potency thing just use your head and find what you like and how much you need. I prefer a mild version with mostly sativa for the day and if the pain is bad or I just need to relax a heavier one at night. With so many alternatives now available you can find what you like on the THC and CBD front with a little research. This site is a good one. And the people super helpful. Have to admit I chuckled as I read about “my life” in the seventies and eighties in the responses above. Good to know there are still a few of us out here.

5 Likes

If you tag me into your journal I can move it where it belongs. Use the @ sign.

I just started smoking again after a 30 year break. I found for the fist week or so it hit me hard but my tolerance quickly increased a bit

8 Likes

Thanks i’ll give it a try!

1 Like

Thanks for the response…I’m thinking of mixing the White Widow CBD Auto with my next non-Auto regular Harlequin…mix them together…and start at zero THC, so to speak, and build from there.

1 Like

I don’t know if ur just looking for smoke only, but there r other methods available. I’m 60 n have done my fair share of…everything, smoking being my choice for managing my pain. I’ve been smoking since age 12, got stoned as hell then, n get stoned as hell now, but I got to say edibles have been my go to here lately. I love growing n been growing my whole life, no plans on stopping it’s to therapeutic, n keeps the brain busy. Plus who n their wright mind wouldn’t like a room full of virgins depending on you. There r other methods than smoking u should also check into, it helped me.

6 Likes

Maybe get / look for more traditional strains or heritage / landrace strains that have not been so genetically concentrated / hybridized. I believe the Real Seed Company specializes in these offerings. Or check out World of Seeds. No experience with either just passing along info.

2 Likes

53 here, I smoke for both pain and pleasure. I’ve smoked on and off since about 13. It’s pretty amazing how far it’s come, there’s so many strains that it’s hard to choose what to grow and smoke next. I gotta say though, I’m really fond of the ilgm gorilla glue autos that I’ve been smokin. You’ll get used to it quick, just start with a hit or 2 and see how ya feel!

2 Likes

I’m in the mid 50’s. Smoked plenty of good weed in the late 70’s and 80’s - columbian gold, acapulco gold, panama red and specially when skunk started hitting the market in the early 80’s - was awesome stuff. Yeah the best stuff I grow these days is considerably better than the weed from the past but there was good stuff back then and trash, just as there is now.

6 Likes