Cannabis Pain Salve Experimentation

Would love to hear how you make it

1 Like

So I made some tincture by decanting the weed then throwing it in a jar with a bottle of everclear for like 4 months now and been looking for a natural lotion recipe to use the tincture on but everything I see 8s to either mix the tincture with premade lotion or to make lotion from scratch to use the oil based infusion. Any good recipes? I’m about to just mix the alcohol with the coconut oil and apply >.< trying to make lotion for back pain btw

2 Likes

I evaporated the alcohol down into syrupy thickness, then mixed with coconut oil. I used 20 grams in 1/2 cup. Originally wanted it to make cookies with, was too weak. I use mine almost daily on my neck.

1 Like

If you’re not vegan, I recommend reducing your tincture down via passive evaporation, then mixing it into some Emu Oil.

Talk about the perfect topical pain reliever.

2 Likes

“If you don’t decarb first, she won’t get high. If you decarb first…oh, yeah, even just rubbing it on as lotion, it’ll absorb through the skin, and she might feel it.”

That is the answer I was looking for, TY! I made a pretty strong mixture last night and put in waaay too much bees wax. Put some warm on my hands and quickly tried to rub it in before it hardened again. I was confused because I started feeling high, brushed it off as just my imagination but it didn’t go away for a couple hrs. Not super buzzed but a nice, happy, content buzz. So it wasn’t my imagination! Good to know since I intend to share this salve with others. Thanks again!
BTW, I did not decarb first. :person_shrugging:

Jen

3 Likes

Sounds like you got a nice cbd buzz! Also, depending on how you prepped your extraction, you might have still converted some THC-A into THC. Excellent!

2 Likes

I copied this from a post on the lab side, looks like THCA might be good for topical use:

-Medicinal and therapeutic benefits of THCA

Although research on THCA is in its infancy stage, a great deal of research findings has emerged regarding several of its medicinal benefits. After learning about THCA and its link to THC, let’s discuss the medicinal and therapeutic benefits of this compound. Different studies have been performed on THCA in recent years, which discovered the following potential benefits of the compound:

In addition, there’s also much promise in consuming THCA to treat epilepsy and seizures. In one particular study, two milligrams of THCA administered daily resulted in the subject experiencing a 90 percent seizure reduction. Similarly, when specific terpenes are combined with THCA in a cannabis strain, this combination can significantly contribute to the anti-seizure and anti-epileptic effect THCA has on patients.

3 Likes

I’m glad you said this. Thought it needed to be decarbbed for topical. Totally agree on blue emu, the best