Cannabis Cultivator Virgin - Starting with the ILGM Autos Mix Pack 2.0

I don’t know anything about a TDS since I don’t use one. The tips look like the beginning stages of nutrient burn.

So wait for the ones with experience as they can pipe in about how to use the TDS meter properly.

But you need to get the R/O up and running.

1 Like

I’m not familiar with your nutes or your meter. I have an apera but anyway, my apera has the ability to use either 500 ppm scale or 700 scale. Do you know which one your meter uses? And which one your schedule uses? . I think most nute schedules run on 500 scale, not FF nutes by the way. I think its @BobbyDigital that has explained things real well on TDS. You can always use EC instead of TDS. I also learned a lot about my meter by looking it up on Youtube. Good luck. I’m sure I wasn’t much help but I know someone will come along shortly and help :v::green_heart:

3 Likes

You can check which scale your meter reads (if it doesn’t say what it is in your manual) by using this chart. If you’re reading 1050 ppm, switch to EC. If your EC is 2.1 your meter is on the 500 (Hanna) scale. If your EC reads 1.5, your meter is on the 700 (truncheon) scale.

EC is just a different way to read ppm. Much like Celsius and Fahrenheit are different ways to read temperature.

2 Likes

@BobbyDigital

Here it is what my TDS supposed to show so I’m not sure what system is it on:

You can just do what I posted above with the chart to determine because that doesn’t say what scale it’s on. You can even check with just tap water. If your tap water is 250 ppm and you switch to EC and it reads .5 ec, your meter is on the 500 scale. If your EC reads lower than .5 ec, your meter is on 700 scale.

2 Likes

I wanted to give you a heads up on buying water. My local WallyWorld has a filtered water kiosk. The water is .39 cents per gallon. It is triple filtered and R/O filtered. You have to provide your own containers or they charge more. I tried it out and water tested at 27.0 ppm much lower than my tap water. It is a little bit of a pain in the behind. I intend to install R/O filter eventually. Just wanted to give you a heads up, thought this might be something you would be interested in.

I’m not a nute/tds guy, but one pearl of wisdom is to error on the light handed side when feeding until you have a good grasp on your plants needs. With that said, plants are looking good!

2 Likes

@Bulldognuts thank you for the tip! This is really helpful.

2 Likes

@GreenJewels @MrPeat @AAA @Covertgrower @dbrn32 @Nicky @Bubblehead @DankGunslinger

Week 11; Week 4 Flowering

Hi all,

Sorry it’s been awhile since my last update. Things were going peachy until last week. I was in a hurry in the morning to get to work so when I fed them I splashed water everywhere and got must of the Jack Herer leaves and I burned that shit out of her :unamused: the foliage looks really terrible but the buds seemed to be unaffected.

Feed schedule: Feed, water, feed.

Nutes: Veg+Bloom dirty 0.2 EC with water pH between 6.0 and 6.1

Light Schedule: 20/4

OG Kush

Bubble Gum

Jack Herer

Fam Pic

Any advice on how to get Jack Herer will be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,

Henry.

3 Likes

Hey @henryuribe7 why are you still feeding veg nutrients?
What nutrients line are you using?
Also I don’t know EC values I’m a ppm/TDS person as is most of this community because it’s more accurate /detailed

1 Like

0.2 ec is very low, that’s TDS of 100-140ppm depending on what scale your meter is using.
Jack looks like she’s having deficiency or lockout. That pH is low (unless your in promix) P, Ca and MG need a higher pH to be taken in by the roots. Calcium helps a with the uptake of other nutes. It’s like a bridge between humus and nutrients. Also, if your using RO water, your likely low on calcium. LED lights also tend to cause a plant to use extra calcium. Most people start calcium when you start feeding then stop around week 5 or 6 of flower. Let us know what nutes you went with and I’ll look for the nute schedule.
Here’s a pH chart that shows ideal pH for plant nutrient uptake.

Nutrient_Chart2

Happy growing :v::green_heart:

@GreenJewels that’s some great info. I’m not an auto guy, but I wonder if they might benefit from a decrease in hours of light, maybe 18/6 for a longer rest and maybe a “kick in the pants”. Just thinking out loud.

1 Like