Cannabis clippings as mulch?

Can clippings from a previous grow be used as mulch? Growing organic, rh rises to 62% or more at night after watering and won’t go below 55% Can’t afford a quality dehumidifier right now.

5 Likes

We grow outdoors and use a cover crop/straw approach. We definitely utilize the “chop and drop” method. Over time the clippings and straw gets turned into mulch and feeds the worms. The worms then eat the decaying plant material and transports the beneficials underground as worm castings.

So much more is happening but that’s the basic rundown.

4 Likes

Thanks! Appreciate it. I was thinking about straw as well. Anything need to be done to it or just drop the mulch in place?
(p.s. That outdoor grow is beautiful!)

2 Likes

Rice hulls are a good mulch

2 Likes

That’s exactly where on run on humidity. So far I haven’t had any issues. Beautiful plants.

1 Like

We recover clippings and have a drum composter: 6 weeks and it can be used anywhere and it reduces the chance of disease (usually prunings are removed from the area as they foster bad stuff that can jump to the plant).

3 Likes

Thanks all. Been a hectic few days and some of the hottest, humid weather I’ve sern a while.
Going somewher to get something in the a.m.

The straw/cover crop/clippings (the mulch layer) is also a great place for beneficial bugs to live.