Canna Coco Brick

Do I need to clean and buffer Canna Coco Bricks like cheaper brands of bricks?

1 Like

I would say yes I’m just getting into using coco after 3 years growing in soil. The coco brick I’m using Plantonix says triple washed but I washed it anyway. Unless it says it is buffered I would go ahead and buffer it. Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

I ripped the bag open and just went straight in with full strength Jack’s 321 to expand it

4 Likes

@Deepsix Yeah,I believe your right. It says that its been prewashed and buffered just like their bagged coco.
I just dont see how it can hold that buffer when it get pressed and dries out. Im going to atleast buffer it.
This is my first Coco grow. I’ve always used promix hp using the drain to waste routine.

1 Like

@Borderryan22 No calcium deficiencies?

Canna coco is washed and buffered

I use the bricks. Hydrate in the bags they are shipped in. Nice and convenient. I do add calmag but probably isn’t necessary. Also preload it with Jack’s when hydrating it. Can’t get much easier. If you reuse it, rinse well and I like to screen it to remove some of the fines that are from the fiber breaking down.

2 Likes

Expand in full strength nutrient solution and you should be good. That’s all I have done with canna coco in bags.

3 Likes

Right on guys,thanks!

1 Like

If I am not mistaken “Buffered” means, soaked in a calcium and possibly magnesium prior to dry and compress.
I’ve good experience with Botanicare bricks, Canna, Roots Organic all buffered.

I’ve used crap from the pet-stores 20+ years ago, that you had to heavily flush the salt out of and soak in CalMag…

1 Like

I’ll be using rain science 5 gallon bags for my auto tent. How many bricks do I need to fill 6 of them?
I will be doing 30% #3 perlite in the coco.

1 Like

@The_Chef I used 1 brick outa 2 mixed with 40-45% harvest hero and it did two 5gal fabric pots. Pretty sure I had enough left over to do another 5gal pot.

1 Like

Thanks for the info bro🤙

1 Like

No open break up and expand with nute line u use. I use full strength hacks to expand mine with tribus a touch.

2 Likes

I always just look for the cheapest price. I’m going to buffer it anyway when I rehydrate. Why take any chances on bad QC on their end.

In my experience, lower or higher end bales, when I do my first rinse I always get a yellowish brown discharge. Maybe it’s just the fines getting washed out.

2 Likes