Canna cap experiment

It’s seems bad @Willd… I feel for you man :hushed:

Some strains are harshier then other’s, however, I have a question : are you curing your buds ? You propably know this, so, just a remember note, if buds are dry too fast or/and improperly cured, the chlorophylle is not gone a degrade and gone a stay fixed and cause the material to be very harsh.

Hope that’s helping you Will

~Al :v: :innocent:

1 Like

Thanks Niala,
My smoke is properly cured and smokes and vapes smooth for most people. I’ve got respiratory issues from being a tobacco abuser for 40+ years until giving it up for good last January.

It took me a while to get the Volcano settings just right when I first got it so I’m sure with some more adjustment to the chamber fill level and the temp, I’ll be back to enjoying the occasional vape without any discomfort.
I took my cap late today and now I’m feeling it so I’m going to end it here before I start typing nonsense and having to correct typos every other word.

My lungs have cleared considerably and my respiration continues to improve. I just need to know when enough is too much.

4 Likes

Lol :sweat_smile:. Congratulations for stopping tobacco, you’ll benefit for sure from it :grinning: Just to be clear, I did’nt meant to be disrespecful by asking, now that I know you were a long time tobacco smoker mean more sense to me now :grinning::innocent::v::v::v:

1 Like

No disrespect taken at all. I didn’t always cure mine so well until I learned. Moving here where the setup is so ideal really improved the quality of my finished flowers.
I had started something up with some of my local caregiver and home grow patient associates I know around town. It went something like this. “Bring a sample to trade anytime you stop by to visit”. Let’s just say I received several poorly cured samples and lots of questions about why mine tasted so much better.

I have a 26x 30 two-car detached garage. I run as many courses of twine across that as required and hang the stems from it. I field trim fan leaves before I bring them in. I trim as much of the sugar leaf off immediately within 1-2 days after hanging and freeze it for bubble hash making. I dissect the branches to remove the buds and place them into several sets of 24" dia drying nets suspended from the ceiling which each hold 8 layers of buds.

I black out the windows to keep it as dark as possible and run an oscillating pedestal fan. Oct is typically humid and just warm enough for curing to occur over a 2-3 week period. Once they get to that point, I put them in 5 gallon buckets lined with 13 gallon trash bags to make tumbling and burping them easier. Once they reach the desired flavor I remove the liner and put 2 60gram Boveda packs in each 5 gallon bucket to maintain the perfect humidity.

I anticipate that it’s going to be a lot more involved keeping it all indexed and organized with 12 unique strains versus the 1-2 strains at a time that I’ve historically grown.

2 Likes

Loved that cartoon !

1 Like

it was a simpler time with cartoons reserved to Saturday mornings and then there was fresh air and sunshine to follow, no questions asked.

today, my grandson has the choice of too many TV stations with cartoons 24/7 but he’d rather play video games given the choice.

by the way, I liked the Looney Toons Bugs Bunny Road Runner Cartoon Hour, myself :wink:

4 Likes

Loved the Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Hour that came on Saturdays at Noon. The local volunteer fire dept whistle went off at noon and I was always in front of the TV, then outdoors to play.

So after a few days I’ve come to a conclusion that I might need to try filling smaller caps and take them several times a day instead of 1 big one 2x a day. I’m a seasoned cannabis consumer and I pretty much enjoy it regularly in multiple forms throughout the day every day. The first hour or 2 after taking one of these is a little bit much for even me. It might be on account of the high THC the strain I’m using but it totally fogs my thinking and impairs my fine motor skills for nearly 2 hours at a time. I spend as much time correcting typos as I do typing accurately during the peak of the effect. They’re slow to wear off too. I strayed from my usual routine today and never dosed until a few hours ago so I’m feeling no pain and feel high too.
WARNING: Do not take 000 sized caps with alcohol. It can make you feel uncomfortably high and really impair your judgment and fine motor skills.

3 Likes

I’m really interested in this process, I have emphysema and I’m in hospital in 2 days to have a bulla cut away from the top of my left lung, which is a growth, I have already had a bulla cut away from the top of my right lung and there is also now another bulla on the bottom of what’s left of my right lung, which will probably be the next planned operation when I’ve fully recovered from this operation, , I was looking at edibles which I will try using canabutter, but I have come across this idea and it sounds exactly what I need, what is the process by which I can do this please

Hi Darren,
Here are instructions from the original post above.

Once it’s been decarbed, I remove the stems and use a food processor on “puree” to grind it fine. If you don’t ave a food processor you can break it up fine between your thumb and fingers. I visually inspect it and remove any larger remnants of stems. You can card or rub it through a piece of regular mosquito screen to get it really fine if necessary. You’ll need to acquire empty gelatin capsules. I shop around on eBay & Amazon for the best price.
The size cap you choose is dependent on the strain and your tolerance.
I used 68 grams to produce 150 caps so 22.66 grams should yield 50 "000’caps. So about 3/4 oz per 50 caps.
You can fill caps a few different ways. There are capsule holders/fillers available online or just scoop it into the halves from a bowl. The one I use cost about $20 USD on eBay or Amazon.

THC content varies by strain but if you know which strain you’re using you can find the average THC content on a number of sites including ILGM.

Here’s the formula to determine the potencyof edible products.
First
Convert grams to milligrams. For the sake of this example
22.66 gramsX1000 =22666 mg
Next
Multiply mg by THC content. For the sake of example we’ll use a potent strain like Sour Diesel @ 21%
22666X.21=4760mg THC
Then
Divide THC sum by # of units. For the sake of this example we’ll use 50 capsules
4760mg/50caps=95.2mg THC/capsule
Feel free to ask me anything about this method. I’m most impressed with how long the effect lasts.
It hasn’t completely replaced vaping or smoking but I do that exponentially less these days and have so much more wind.

6 Likes

Thanks @Willd that’s a great help, I’ve just had the surgeon on the phone and he’s cancelled my surgery as he’s got a conference to go to in Belfast and he’d prefer to be available in case of any problems

You’ll be way ahead of the game growing your own too. Seems the Emerald Isle isn’t exactly forgiving of home cannabis production either. sounds like a tough spot to be in.

Yeah it is buddy, I have to grow my own medication otherwise they’d rather keep pumping me full of pills and they cause half of the problems

1 Like

This is definitely the best way for me to go though so I’m glad you put it on here, I would never have thought of doing it like this, this is amazing thanks so so much, even though I’m really pissed off that they just cancelled my surgery, I’m doing a dance inside about this

So many folks would be so much better off if they could kick the pharmaceuticals. Dublin is a global hub of big pharma and tech, no?

1 Like

I don’t know if this is going to be seen by only you or others but I wanted to say I’m going to try a smaller size capsule since these large ones get even me more buzzed than I expected, but I also need to be able to focus for my work without drooling all over my phone and keyboard.

Getting off any pills can only be an improvement. I had an elderly stepmother who tried to do herself in by quitting her meds after receiving a horrible prognosis of imminent death.
What a shock when she became healthier and stronger instead and lived well for another 5 years! Go figure.

3 Likes

That must have been great news, yeah I have been told it’s terminal but I say ok then I’ll cure it myself then and this is huge for me, thanks doesn’t nearly cover it,a few back flips and loadsa big hugs man really

2 Likes

I’ll be following any results you post.

1 Like

I would be giving you loads of likes but I can’t for 3 hours lol but they should do loves as I love this idea,oh just a thought @Willd , does this mean it needs to be cured or not as that would take a bit of time off the waiting as the curing is more about the flavour and harshness isn’t it

1 Like

I suppose curing wouldn’t be required but the curing process is the slow dissipation of the chlorophyll and excess moisture. I believe the instructions are for cured cannabis, but I don’t know that it would matter. I believe you would have to use a longer duration to drive out the moisture and get the conversion to occur.
Since I quit tobacco, I can tolerate vaping and even smoking a little weed from time to time so I take the time to properly cure it. I share it with friends and family too so they appreciate the curing.