Canna butter from fresh harvest

Just harvested my 2020 crop and hung it up to dry. What’s the current thinking on can I use green or raw material for making canna butter? My normal process is to dry it for at least 10 days and then curing it for a few months. Should I only use cured cannabis or can I start early? I also saved most of the trim material with plans to use that for edibles as well.

I enjoy smoking, but my wife doesn’t and mainly likes edibles.

1 Like

I would say let it dryout.
We save all the flower to smoke and use all the trimmings for bubble hash. After letting the trim dry out for a few weeks we bag it up in large zip locks and freez it. One large ziplock seems to be a good amount for 5 gallon bubble bags. We run it twice than toss it.

hey @free-zone50
My wife and I have found that the cure adds a lot to the final product. After about 6 weeks minimum the effects of the edibles made are so much better. My vape test has proved to me that a few months of cure alters the product making it much better.
But edibles made from uncured(aged) weed are not as good.

1 Like

I would cure it only because it gets the chlorophyll out and brings the terpines forward. It makes it taste better. Less weedy

1 Like

Freeze , dry sift , decarboxylate , use

1 Like