Canna Aqua nutrient line

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with Canna Aqua nutrient line? Specifically, I have the Vega A and B, Flores A and B, rizo, cannazym, pk 13/14, and Canna Boost.

I’m definitely new here, and to the hobby. I’ll try to save as many questions as possible… I have been to the canna page and used their nutrient calculator. From the searching I’ve already completed, I plan to use them at about 1/4-1/2 the recommended amount. The reservoir size is about 1.5 gallons and will be grown under about 70 watts led. Yes, it will be a small underpowered grow. My main question is should I plan on adding anything like cal/mag, silica, or anything else? And how much? Any other information and suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thank you!

Welcome to ILGM.

I have not used this nutrient line myself but a friend of mine has used it successfully. They chose that nutrient line because they have well water that is pretty hard and that nutrient line was suggested to them because of there hard water.
Probably not the kind of info you were looking for but wanted to let you know that it has been used successfully. (Unfortunately they are not a memeber on here or else I would have tagged them to give you some info on those nutrients)

Happy growing👍

Thank you for the reply! I appreciate all the information and help I can get.

You actually just reminded me that I needed to test my well water. Will probably make a pretty big difference as to me needing the cal/mag or not. Based on your information, I’d say the base is pretty low.

one piece of advise I would give you that can help prevent a lot of issues later on is monitoring the PH level of the water going into your plants and also the PH of the runoff after watering. A simple reading can save weeks of effort trying to remedy an issue.
It can be funny my first grow ever I had no clue about PH and didn’t check my PH levels a single time and had a very successful grow. My 2nd grow I ran into issues with a couple of my plants (which ended up being a PH imbalance) and added an extra 3 and a half weeks to my grow time. From then on I check my PH every watering, only takes a few minutes to do and can save a lot of headaches. :+1:

Thanks for the tip!

I have all the necessary equipment for a soil grow, but I intend on running in an aerogarden I received as a gift first. So I’m already planning on having to monitor ph closely. I built a 350 watt led light and a 4’x3’ grow cabinet that I intend on using once I get a little experience. The aerogarden offers a much smaller grow to take care of, and is suppose to pretty much grow itself. So I plan on seeing how bad I can screw that up first haha, then move to a slightly larger area. The 2 things I’m short on, is knowledge and experience. I’ve spent just about all my free time for the last 6 months browsing forums and reading a few books. I’m pretty sure I can do it, just grounded enough to know I’ll need a lot of help to do it well.

I have a lot of experience in the lighting area, and a very strong electrical/mechanical background. All pretty much stuff I do for work. But I couldn’t possibly thank all the members that I’ve learned from and picked up some really awesome ideas.

Welcome to ILGM ! I agree with @Jmesser80 about the pH, it is one of the most important things in the grow. If you want us to help out from time to time, it would help to fill out a support ticket (below) to assist us. Keeping a grow journal will greatly assist in this and future grows.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post. Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA
ILGM Support Ticket:
What is the strain and type(unknown bag seed, strain name, regular seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flower, etc)?
Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted in ground or in a container?
Size of space (max height and area, length/width)?
Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? System type?
pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/run-off) and of the water and/or nutrient mix that is fed to the plant?
Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels? Of what you feed it as well as what is in the water by itself and in the soil/medium (run-off), or reservoir.
Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps?
Humidity %? Day vs. night
Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR?
Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?
Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or Bloom/flowering?
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but try to be brief and to the point. Short and to the point questions and/or facts will help us help you

Good luck on your grow ! Jerry

Thanks @TxGrowman!

I haven’t started anything yet, but I’ll be sure to do so whenever I get something going. I