Canker or SuperDuper Cropping?

I’m not sure if these are stem cankers or injuries from overzealous super cropping. Any insight would be highly appreciated… thanks :pray:

1 Like

Almost looks like stem rot, but not a very common place on plant to see it. Doesn’t look like plants were super crppped there to me. Stems are straight and no knuckle that typically remain. You’re the only one that would know though.

1 Like

Look injured but due to the place and similarities they all look intentional

Might be my failed attempt at super cropping… just pinched the stems not really knowing what I was doing.Not exactly sure if those cracks are in the same place but looks about right. Doesn’t seem like rot, it’s dry and woody.Idk

1 Like

Might be my failed attempt at super cropping… just pinched the stems not really knowing what I was doing.Not exactly sure if those cracks are in the same place but looks about right. Doesn’t seem like rot, it’s dry and woody.Idk They didn’t split when I pinched :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

You can wrap the damaged split areas with electrical tape to protect from stem rot infiltrating those places. There are commercial products you can paint on too.

1 Like

Thanks, will do

I did the same thing and got some woody looking splitting. It hardened over and is growing well.
Good luck

1 Like