Candiquik for edibles

I have some candiquik which is quick setting chocolate bark it can be melted in microwave and I want to add some thc oil to it for chocolate drops. What’s the best way to infuse the oil? Does it sound like something that would work?

3 Likes

Following

Wouldn’t it be nice if it was easy like just melting chocolate and adding oil KISS method. You could add a nice amount of oil and it will still set up

1 Like

If it’s an oil it ought to blend into the melted chocolate just fine.

Yes but what’s best way to do the infused oil? I’ve never done edibles that’s why I’m trying to be easy

2 Likes

Are you wanting to make oil? Do you have access to Everclear? The high proof stuff? If not; 151 proof will work.

1 gram of flower to 1 fluid oz of alcohol. Freeze in separate jars. When at temp, pour alcohol over flower, seal and shake vigorously for 90 seconds. Return to freezer and shake at 15 minute intervals until 45 minutes to 60 minutes has passed. Pour through a coffee filter and the extract put in a 9 X 13 glass pan to air dry. NOT in the house if possible. You can run a small fan across it too. When it gets to the point where it’s a thick goop you can add that straight to your chocolate.

Caveat: NOT decarboxylated. If doing that you will change the flavor profile by heating. 45 minutes at 240F is what I do on a tray in the oven. I’ve heard and seen folks add flower to a jar and boil it in the jar for several hours. That might retain more flavor.

4 Likes

Perfect the chocolate is a 1 lb pack how many grams would you use for that and I’ll break it down from there. I’ve never had edibles so they shouldn’t be too strong but I can make them different sizes too so I don’t get freaked out getting too much

1 Like

Start with 1/2 oz of flower (14 grams) and see how that goes. You can always adulterate with untreated oil or add butter in lieu of oil to reduce the strength. I would also consider melting a tablespoon of lecithin into the chocolate to improve your body’s ability to uptake the THC.

I have liquid lecithin is that ok? I’m getting pretty excited

Boiling to decarb is easy and far less smelly than an oven.

Jar won’t work for the decarb as the jar floats. Easier to seal the weed in a vacuum seal bag without using the vacuum as it crushes it into a wad. Just squeeze the air out gently and seal.

Use only a good quality canning jar like Kerr for the rest to make coconut oil or budder. Melt the butter or put the coconut oil in the jar, put the lid on to keep moisture out and sit in boiling water until it melts or the oil gets hot. Mix in the decarbed weed, put the lid on and set in boiling water for two hours. Burp the jar a couple of times while it comes to temperature. I put a rag on the bottom of the pot to stop any rattling. Pour it through cheesecloth into a container and squeeze the remaining butter or oil out of it. Then filter again through a coffee filter while it’s still warm to get the last of the particulates out of it.

2 Likes

I thought boiling it was decarbing it at same time. What amounts of material to oil or butter?

1 Like

Im getting a majic butter machine. You can make butter, tinctures, recipies for gummies ect. Right now im make the everclear tincture using 1 plant per grow.

1 Like

I have the best son ever!! He’s buying me the mb2 deluxe kit with the works.

Here’s my procedure for butter:

First I shake kief. The remainder is put on a tray along with additional harvest trim and flower to bring the total weight up to around 80 grams (a lot!). This is all decarbed and put into a crock pot with 1.5 pounds of coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of soy lecithin and 1 cup of water. I also add any green trim I have set aside in the freezer (larfy lower branches with flower). This is allowed to cook for 4 hours (too long and you extract chlorophyll) then passed through cheesecloth and poured into molds. I use as a direct replacement for butter in baking. I like the Better Homes and Gardens brownie recipe that calls for 6 oz of butter.

One of those will wreck you for anything but sleep haha.

1 Like

Coconut oil or butter will work for this recipe?
@Myfriendis410

1 Like

I like coconut oil better because it squeezes out of the plant material more completely than butter, for whatever reason. I can get almost all of the oil out using coconut oil.

2 Likes

Ok thank you. Is it refined or unrefined coconut oil, I know one tastes like coconut one don’t

1 Like

At the end of my current indoor grow I’m going to have 2 grows worth of goods to deal with and I want to have recipes down before hand.Then I can collect all the goodies I need. Maybe a small batch of chocolates till then :blush:

1 Like

Following. Was going to make chocolate covered peanut butter balls with candiquik.

1 Like

I am curious can I decarb in my toaster oven? @Myfriendis410 @BlaineD
@Laurap @ThatoneAKguy

1 Like