Can you tell what's wrong

A question from a fellow grower:

Help ?? Can you tell me what’s wrong?

1 Like

To me it looks like calcium or boron here is a picture

2 Likes

I would agree with calcium deficiency.
What is your pH of the water after adding nutes? Grow medium you are using? This all makes a difference and can assist us to make sure you get an accurate solution :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

Our fellow grower says:

I’d like to say it’s my 1st grow, use foxfire nutrients , and reverse osmosis water, and added

Chances are they made your soil to acidic dropped ph, and caused a calcium lock out, id flush and start again, flushing consists of using 2-3x the water used compared to feeding, so if you feed with a gallon flush with 3 gallons. You use Epsom salt to flush I think its a 1/4 tsp per gallon

2 Likes

You really need to fill out a support ticket to get to the bottom of it. This can be so many things and the information of a support ticket would help immensely. I would look at nutrient lock-out by checking the pH. It is the culprit in most cases.

So flush , then mix Epsom salt with gallon of water and just go on with normal feed schedule ?

Support ticket?

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile
this is a support ticket

Here ya go! Fill out all that you can and that will give us a better look at your grow and what is going on.

Fill out a “Support Ticket”

1. COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
    Answer these simple questions the best you can.
    If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

ILGM Support Ticket:

What is the strain and type(unknown bag seed, strain name, regular seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flower, etc)?

Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted in ground or in a container?

Size of space (max height and area, length/width)?

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? System type?

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/run-off) and of the water and/or nutrient mix that is fed to the plant?

Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels? Of what you feed it as well as what is in the water by itself and in the soil/medium (run-off), or reservoir.

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps?

Humidity %? Day vs. night

Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR?

Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or Bloom/flowering?

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but try to be brief and to the point. Short and to the point questions and/or facts will help us help you

Another thing that might help is downloading Robert’s free E-Book on growing MJ. I think alnost everyone here for more than a few months has read his book at least once.

Good Luck, Jerry

I agree with Majiktoker Calcium deficiency.

Check your PH

Very acidic soils with excessive potassium, dry and or wet soil. Lack of calcium in the soil may cause too acidic soil. This may cause to Mg or Iron deficiency or very slow stunted growth

Soil
Calcium gets locked out of soil growing at ph levels of 2.0- 6.4
Calcium is absorbed best in soil at a ph level of 6.5-9.1 (Wouldn’t recommend having a ph of over 7.0 in soil) anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Calcium Deficiency…

Hydro

Calcium gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0- 5.3
Calcium is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 5.4-5.8 (Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Calcium Deficiency.

Solution to fix aCalcium deficiency

To fix a calcium deficiency you can treat by foliar feeding with one teaspoon of dolomite lime or Garden lime per quart of water, Or Any Chemical/Organic nutrients that have Calcium in them will fix a Calcium deficiency. (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients or it will cause nutrient burn!)
Or you can take crushed up dolomite lime or garden lime in a gallon of water and water it in the soil. 1 to 2 teaspoons per gallon of water, which will be slow acting. Garden Gypsum, which is medium absorption. Limestone, which is medium absorption, Rock Phosphate and Animal wastes which are both medium/slow absorption.

Will

2 Likes

Ph ph ph, lol, main cause of every thing. Ph is like the heart of the operation you lose that you lose everything lol.

Very nicely detailed @garrigan62

Mix Epsom salt in 1 gallon and follow up with 1-2 gallons of regular water

Why Thank You Mr. Majiktoker

Will

Yea buddy I read through it and was like nice that couldn’t be put any better than it was l, very clear and descriptive

1 Like

Well I try to do that when these growers come in with bad cases of deficiency’s.
I believe they deserve a good explanation of there problems so that they can understand how it happend how to fix it and not to have it happen again.

I would want the same thing…wouldn’t you

Will

1 Like

Most definatley had to transplant sour grape again, and rooted through all drain holes had 4 nice long roots

Cool right on. We are going to have some amazing plants buddy…

Will

Yea no doubt buddy you already have a nice group going I’ll upload the picture in our pm convo

I am humbled by your friendship and help