Can you help me out?

Does this look like a calcium deficiency? It’s an ILGM banana kush auto in ffof, under a cmh 315. I added a little lime to the soil, and have not fed anything yet. Looks like it’s just on one leaf that I found so far.

3 Likes

Looks like it to me.

3 Likes

Same here. Good catch

1 Like

Cal mag your right

2 Likes

I agree with cool cats :point_up_2: cal/mag deficiency happens to me every grow.

4 Likes

I’ve never had it before. I just watered yesterday, and is still pretty wet. I guess I’ll go ahead and water again tomorrow with some cal mag.

2 Likes

I believe it is a calcium problem

1 Like

I have a theory that it’s the LED lights increasing Ca requirements. (Though I realize the OP is using cmh) Transitioning from other lights to LED has caused some nuanced changes. Additional Ca required is probably due to higher PAR. Having that experience simply means adding additional Ca to adjust to the actual growing conditions. It could also be strain specific. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Good thing they aren’t using a led light then eh :grin:
Seems to be kinda common in ocean forest soil for some reason…
But I’m curious @Dexterado , why did you add the lime exactly? I’ve only ever used it to raise soil ph. I know it contains cal mag but it’s my understanding that cannibus requires a slightly acidic soil and lime could raise soil ph.

I could be wrong and it’s fine, but maybe someone else could chime in on that :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Well, I thought lime stabilized the ph, but turns out it was a bad decision. I ph’d my runoff, and it was 7.8! I flushed the soil with water ph of 5, and got my runoff to 6.4. Plant looks a lot better today. I’ll have to water with a lower ph for a while I guess.

2 Likes

Yup. Dolomite lime is used mainly to bring pH up, but its a decent organic calcium supplement.

Itll defo spike ur pH upwards tho. So be judicious with it

1 Like

Welcome ! are you using a quality digital ph meter to check ph run off ?

I would not do this. Stick with 6.5. OF soil buffers down to 5.8 typically. So if you’re seeing that in your runoff, you’re good. Addition of lime is likely causing the issue. It contains a good amount of magnesium and if you have a magnesium excess, it can lock out calcium. I would water at 6.5 until your soil stabilizes.

4 Likes

He just added lime since the cal dots popped up a couple days ago. Not sure if he was adding anything previous to it

2 Likes

No, I added to soil prior to planting.

1 Like

One of those cheaper ones off eBay.

1 Like

My suggestion if you use the cheaper ph meter I would keep a fresh clean bottle of 7 ph solution to verify the meter every time I used it , because the cheaper ones are bad to drift. Good luck

4 Likes

Good advice, or get a 2nd cheap one and use both every time.

1 Like