Can you flush organic soil?

Here’s a few clones in reveg and a few seedlings… all in living soil… all pots and soil are reused from the past grows…
if I check the ppm’s I can assure you it’s gona be high… like in the thousands… I think flushing will just cause problems in the root zone… just my opinion… good luck buddy…

4 Likes

I can attest to @Mrcrabs statement about Ppm in living soil. Going to be really high as I’ve tested in the past out of curiosity.

2 Likes

Ok im 100% organic i use dr. Earth grow amendments and i dont flush at all it will kill off the good bacteria thats needed when i get toxicity i just water with plan phd water till the plant use whats in the soil up but if you feel you have to flush make sure you recharge your soil with beneficial microbes that can continue to break down fertilizers in your soil so your plant want starve hope this helped if need any more help just tag me ill help the best i know how

3 Likes

@Mr_Wormwood hey man, never dropped an insult was just looking for answers. I don’t know what Buddies thing is but I’m not here trying to play that game… I asked a very simple question and was hoping for a simple answer. If someone doesn’t know or has no experience, why even comment? That’s what I thought these topics for… not trying to be a hard-ass or anything but I’m a straightforward guy. I don’t want a “maybe” answer so if you can’t provide a definitive answer I would greatly appreciate it if you said nothing at all. With all due respect

@Mrcrabs nice plants dude… yeah it’s the only plant acting like this. I have another Purple Haze along with 2 Strawberry Cough that are all the same feed / schedule and they have no issues. I noticed that every time I water, the leaves her curl really hard. It’s almost like it’s getting a big shot of nitrogen…

I have heard what you said in regards to root Zone issues and the excess water. That’s kind of where I am sitting now. Really would like to flush this girl out but I doubt it will do any good…

1 Like

Whether to flush or not depends on your style of growing and how you manage your grow medium/soil. I would sy; Some organic growers do not flush, because they do not add nutrients for the 4-…weeks.

What are you doing?

@latewood I don’t get what you mean in regards to this style. I feed twice a month, and water when dry. That’s basically it

Thereis no reason to feed 2wice a month in flower, if I am following you.

No dude, you have to read the post man. I’m not even in flower. This is all veg

Thank you… I’ve had the same thing happen to me once… I just let it ride it self out… it fixed it self towards the end

1 Like

Alright man let’s try and figure this out for you today… I understand that you’re using DTE ferts… but which ones did you add into the fox farms ocean forest?

I ask this as I don’t use DTE but have done “organics” so I agree with you on the nitrogen being high with the leaf color etc. When I was doing organics I didn’t run into issues with the plants. Unfortunately but have used FFOF many years and is considered to be a Hot soil from the beginning, so thinking we are having the nitrogen in the soil added with the nitrogen which you’re feeding(I understand its once twice a month…) but how long were you intending on vegging for? I see the nets up and basically ready…

I wouldn’t do a flush per say as you’re adding amendments, and they’ll just leave the soil all together… but I’d go for another 2-3 weeks with just PHd water… your soil should come down with just water… you can feed the others as usual but I’d try and give plain water, with about 10-20% run off over the next 2-3 weeks and should lighten the dark green up and ready for the switch.

1 Like

Sorry. Missedm that. I am legally blind, so I misconsttude your Q.
In that case I say ride it out. The only way you learn is to grow. there are no quick fixes.
Good luck.

1 Like

I believe the word flush has been locked down to hydro grows and misused alot.
The USDA man above just said to use WATER only for the next 2 weeks.
So a simple 2 week flush per say.

1 Like

I use coco and Jack’s now… simple life here now :joy: but yes mini flushes not like traditional soil flushes he’ll loose to much of water he needs… also if possible to turn up light intensity that might help the plant eat more of what is available in the soil… but don’t add anything for a few weeks to see if she uses up the reserve in the soil.

flush

flush

1 : a sudden flow (as of water)also : a rinsing or cleansing with or as if with a flush of water

Nah man I get it, trust I do… just trying to send him the right direction

That was not directed at you buddy. It’s not directed to anybody.
Just the word flush has a bad wrap.

That’s all any of us has tried to do from the beginning. I don’t have pages of journals so I’m a inexperienced nobody. No biggie at all.

@TReynolds17 yeah dude I’m totally with you on foxfarm being hot. I believe you may have hit the nail on the head in regards to this pheno. For the past two waterings she has had nothing but plain water and I will definitely continue this. Thanks for the feedback bro!

Edit: in regards to how long I’m vegging, I wanted to wait until she was good. I have four in this grow all in a 4 x 4 scrog but don’t want to send them into flower while one of the P Haze are toxic. I’m guessing this may take another couple of weeks of veg :thinking::thinking:

Yeah I knew you were ready to go… but good thinking trying to get her to come back around… nitrogen and flower doesn’t always do very well… just keep on the water. Any improvement since the last waterings?