Can you do anything with a male

Can I do anything with this beauty other than destroying him. Just noticed it was a male. I removed from my make shift green room in my garage away from my others

How long before I know if he pollinated my others

It’s a male right

3 Likes

I’ve heard you can use for edible stuff. Oils and such. As for your girls, pollination is possible. Hopefully you separated soon enough. You can smoke it, but I hear it’s not very good.

1 Like

It does appear to be male

So I should strip all the leaves make some butter then cook with it

1 Like

You can strip all leaves make a salad I’ve juiced em… I’ve made hash with em…(nasty taste not much buzz …got high from all the coughing)

2 Likes

Personally If you’re not planning on using the male to pollinate female plants ,I would toss his ass. Good luck finishing up your females. I looked at previous pictures on post definitely a male.

4 Likes

I’m with @kellydans

That’s a big plant…are the sacs open? If they are pollen has already gotten everywhere.

2 Likes

How do I tell if the sacks have opened

1 Like

How do you make the hash

You can see the difference in this picture here. The closed green ones vs the three open ones.

3 Likes

I don’t think any looks like they are opened but the sacs are very small

1 Like

That would be very fortunate indeed.

There a bunch if ways to make hash… to get most of benifits quickly and easily for smoking I’d say ethanol quick wash … there as bunch thos butane isopropyl( dont ingest iso hash for creams more so) naptha… dry ice (bubble hash)

Can you take a clear picture of the “sacs” in question

@Eagles009 Notice the Millions of pollen particles on the leaf below the sack that has opened. If the wind is blowing that can pollinate a quarter acre field of female plants.

3 Likes

Can you see better have they opened

Not open but male for sure :sunglasses::+1:

My hubby brought that plant in to the house when I noticed it was a male. Should I destroy the plant or just let it grow in the house away from all other plants

1 Like

I know you don’t want to get rid of something that you put a lot of time into it. But if you’re not looking to pollinate your female plants. Personally I would get rid of it. The male plants are not good to smoke. :v::+1:

2 Likes

Having the plant anywhere on your property or even 6 houses away will still be problematic and could possibly pollinate your girl’s…
I would bag him and trash him…
As @kellydans had mentioned , unless your going to use him for pollin for breeding he is useless and will only cause trouble…
Pollin will be everywhere and your plant’s will definitely get pollinated if you keep him around…
People that breed have whole systems and techniques for breeding…
Unless your very familiar with it , it could spell disaster for this grow and a couple of future grows…
Up to you…
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like