Can very dim light from a power cord wake up your girls?

What’s not looking very good ?

Your bud sites are like 85% pollen sacs And 15% calyx’s. You’re not going to get any decent bud off them. Just a shit ton of pollen. My opinion would be to trash the the grow, do a heavy sterilizing of your grow space to neutralize any released pollen and make 100% sure there are 0 light leaks then give it another go with some new plants. What you’ll get off these plants won’t be worth the lost time and $ for nutes and electricity @Dabmon710

6 Likes

I think @dbrn32 meant to tag @Dabmon710 in that post

1 Like

Had me worried.

1 Like

What @Watt-Sun said, sorry it was past my bedtime…

2 Likes

Lol I know the feeling

2 Likes

Definitely not good sorry for your loss. Nanners comes from bananas.

1 Like

Yeah I double checked. It was those vents at the bottom of the tent. That we’re seaping in light.

My 3 other plants have a lot less “nanners” than the main one I showed you. Will this one pollinate my other plants? Like if there is a hermaphrodite around all females will that hermaphrodite pollinate the females to become hermaphrodite

1 Like

Ok. Do you have them sealed up good now and intake routed through one of the ducts light tight?

1 Like

The pollen sacks from herm will pollinate other females to create seeds, not neccesarily make other plants hermaphrodite.

3 Likes

Ok well I took that one plant that had lots of nanners out of the garden. Is it still to late? The female plants have already been pollinated and will now have seeds all over them when it comes to harvest ? And yes everything is sealed up now.

What @dbrn32 that hermie pollen with cause the rest of the crop to go to seed. Honestly if you have other seeds ready to go I would abandon this ship and start again . Seeded bud isn’t worth the effort . Low yield and potency plus you gotta dig all those seeds out.

2 Likes

I don’t know that for sure, but it’s good possibility. Depends on how many if any of those pollen sacks opened up.

You have a way for intake air to get in though, right?

1 Like

Lol I’m balling on a budget. I don’t have other seeds yet. Also can I reuse my fabric pots ? Or are those contaminated or pollinated as well??

1 Like

Yes I have a way for intake air to get into the tent.

2 Likes

Wash real good before using again! I have seen just one or two buds get pollinated and then I have seen whole plant seeded. How far in flower are you? If you start looking real close at the interior of bud formation and dissect a few calyxes you should find the start of seed formation, if that bud has been pollinated

3 Likes

They are reusable…I would give them a good Long water and hydrogen peroxide soak To make sure you kill any pollen. If this crop is all you have you can finish it out like I did but you will be disappointed at the end product .

Maybe another grower could chime in as I’ve never done what I’m suggestion Or even know if it’s possible … but what about pullIng a clone off a branch that may not be affected and put it back in veg. and restart with that? @dbrn32

3 Likes

Not sure, sorry.

2 Likes

I’m sorry for your girls. Is this all because of that little bit of light??
I still find it a good experience it could happen to anyone of us I have light leaking in were I’m growing in the basement windows ( there blocked from most of the light but still have spots of light leaking in.
If it happens to me being my first grow I think I would finish them out. Still room for learning I think

Maybe not.
Hell back in my day all the weed I bought had seeds lol

2 Likes