Can very dim light from a power cord wake up your girls?

I had a very dim light from A 6 outlet power strip that never occurred to me was on at night. It’s not that bright but still at night it was very visible. I don’t know if this is messing with my girls sleep or not. But that has been in there for almost 3 weeks now. And they have not grown much more during flower they have stayed the same height and I’ve heard they are supposed to double. Any way I finally got them all sealed up at night I just want to know how crucial this is ? And did I mess with their sleep??

Put tape over the lighted spot. :+1:

6 Likes

Later in flowering, I’ve heard of light leaks causing hermies, but I don’t think that in your case it will have a negative effect on your grow. And as for the stretch, it’s very much strain dependant…

What would you say @Covertgrower?

Edit. : @MrPeat got you covered, you’re in good hands!

3 Likes

Yeah, strain dependent on how much they stretch. The dim light I don’t think was a factor. Tape it, and move on. I think you’re okay.

4 Likes

I tape them over, no reason to take a chance.

3 Likes

Wow! It’s funny because the one that was closest to the light Became a hermaphrodite. Can I still harvest this plant ?? And is it safe to have around my other plants or will it make them become hermaphrodite? Also the seeds from this hermaphrodite can I use them and Just hope they’re feminized or I am guessing that is not how it works?

Somebody else will have to answer that one friend, I would only be speculating. If you use the seeds, I’m sure they will be prone to become hermies, maybe @MrPeat or @Covertgrower could help out here, please? :nerd_face:

Your saying Even that little light on power strip can effect them. If that’s the case I’m in trouble

Are you seeing bud sites yet? If you aren’t, that light may have been enough to keep her in veg and possibly why you haven’t experienced any stretch yet. @Dabmon710

2 Likes

Herm seeds make Herm plants in my experience . I’ve never had one not turn on me. As far as keeping it in the grow room I wouldn’t if You have other females . The hermied plant releases pollen and will turn your crop to seeds. Now if that hermed plant pollinated another female other than itself you have a shot at getting a successful feminized seeds.

2 Likes

Yes you can harvest it as usual. Just a few seeds. They’ll
Be feminized, but carry the same trait.

1 Like

Well no, I think I had dim lights coming through the vents.

1 Like

Damnn after examining closely all of my plants are hermaphrodite’s. That explains why none of them have grown. Wow I must have had light seeping longer than I realize. That really sucks :unamused:, rookie mistake I guess. So what’s the future of my plants look like super low yield and seeds with my buds ??

Exactly what i did with my power outlet amd timer

2 Likes

Hard to say but Looks they were loaded with nanners.

3 Likes

What do you mean by “nanners”

Pollen sacs, or male parts! Like @Covertgrower said

I have used hermied seeds and usually somewhere on the plant will be seeds, you still run the risk of pollinating the whole area. Not a good thing!

2 Likes

Somebody correct me if I’m mistaken but all these appear to be nanners , male pollen sacs usually brought on by stress (ie. Light leaks)

4 Likes

No correction needed.

@anon84397802 not looking very good there, not even a little. You have decision to make about moving forward with your plants. In the meantime, let’s try to get these light leaks sealed up. Are you sure the only two light sources were vent and power strip? You should have some duct ports near the bottom of your tent, can you check and see what size they are?

2 Likes

I missed something

1 Like