Can using raw leaves give any kind of a high?

Hi, I would like to know if anyone has first hand experience of using raw leaves in smoothies or salads etc and if you get any kind of high from this. I’ve currently started growing my own plants to be able to make salves and oil for pain management but it seems to me that it must be beneficial in its raw state also. I’ve only had one experience with vaping some with high THC and never wish to feel like that again…it was awful!!! I want to try the leaves which I have pruned but am terrified of repeating that experience or anything near to it. I know that in theory, there shouldn’t be any such reaction but I’ve never spoken with anyone who actually does this.
Thanks for any help,
Lesli

1 Like

I eat raw leaves off my plants all the time. It is more beneficial or nutritional to eat them raw but they won’t get you high at all.
Unless the leaves are covered in trichomes lol

3 Likes

You can’t really get high off the big fan leaves you try to smoke it and just get a headache and no buzz. Do you know how to make anything that will help with pain from them?

Welcome to the crew…
When in plant form its THCA and the human body can’t synthesize it until the carbon molecule is removed so no you won’t get high.
The carbon molecule is released immediately when the bud is burned for smoking but to ingest THC and not THCA the plant product must be heated to release the carbon molecule.
240 degrees is the temp I remember
The process is called decarboxylation
Happy growing…

5 Likes

:grin: Thanks, I´ll make sure to avoid those!!

1 Like

Thanks, I’m not a smoker but I thought that I would give it a go to experiment for myself and although I’m really disappointed in how awful I felt, I’m happy to eat the raw stuff and make my own oil and salves. We´re all born with an endocannabinoid system already incorporated into the body so it´s crazy to think that this plant is not beneficial for us in some shape or form. I have been buying cbd oil from someone here who makes it himself and it has been fantastic for lower back nerve pain, both topically and internally…much better than over the counter pain killers, so it makes sense to start making my own but I’ve never grown any before and its a complex plant!!! From what I read it seems that a 1:1 ratio of cbd and thc is the most beneficial medically as the two components work synergistically together so this is what I’m going to experiment with infusing the dried herb into coconut oil for salves and maybe olive oil for the oil. I’m looking into the most efficient way of decarboxylating and infusing so as to get the maximum potency from the plants…if I haven’t killed them off before I get that far :grimacing:

1 Like

Thanks :smiley:, That is what I thought but I saw a comment from someone somewhere who said that they had had a high from raw leaves and that confused me!!! I’ve been reading about a decarb machine called a Nova ?, I was wondering if anyone here has one and also a Magical Butter machine for infusing…they´re not cheap but maybe more efficient and much less messy for getting the most out of one’s plant finally?

2 Likes

There is an edible section here. Recipes for cannabutter, tinctures, oils ect. I make butter & alcohol tincture. Works wonders!

3 Likes

I have a Lift by Ardent and I think it’s made by Nova or the US version
It works great I’m actually making an alcohol tincture now

1 Like

Yes, that’s exactly the one, however, this one * Instant Pot IP-DUO Plus60 (6 quart) gets fantastic reviews for doing the decarb and the herb infusions also and a lot cheaper…

1 Like

Thanks, the tinctures sound interesting!!!

3 Likes

You don’t need to buy a machine for decarboxylation. I just use my oven or the stove when making edibles and whatnot.

4 Likes

Look up magic butter machine
its cheap - easy and great for noobs takes the mess and stress outta this kinda stuff

1 Like

I have the ardent lift for decarbonisation and it’s a perfect machine made specially for the job and I have an mb2 butter making machine which can be used for a lot of your cannabis needs, Ideal for edibles and tinctures and all sorts of things,both are easy to use and a great investment,lot’s of us on the site have and use these

2 Likes

Yep v good and keeps things clean too

We use one of these for decarb.
Under pressure it hits 240f

https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-Lux-Red-Programmable/dp/B07C944DCG/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1RXUCTZPPUBHJ&dchild=1&keywords=instant+pot&qid=1591281076&sprefix=insta%2Caps%2C198&sr=8-6

Thanks. But I am interested to try this.

@Paulcrf what Paul says no the fan leaves don’t get you high we wish but I do eat fan leaves all the time I make oils out of them to

1 Like

Whoever posted the crockpot works great for cooking cannabis leftovers it’s a life saver

2 Likes

So, what’s the Instant Pot “recipe”? Timing, etc.
I didn’t think you could use an IP without at least a cup of water. Thanks.