Can they be saved? Please help!

They are in coast of Maine Stonington blend.

1 Like

Have they been in those pots long enough to repot? The extra stress may hurt them a bit, but taking a look a bit deeper would be on my priority list before attempting to flower them

They have been in those post for a couple months, do you think I should reply them?

1 Like

More intrigued by how the rootball may or maynot be developing. Repotting is usually a last resort but if they still looking rough, might be worth a look

There maybe hope for them? The new growth is looking pretty nice, at least I think!

2 Likes

I removed the dead leaves today so they can devote their energy to the healthy growth, I hope that was the right thing to do. Also they were completely dry so I watered them for the first time in a week. I am assuming this was all a product of chronic over watering (at least I hope) because it appears that the stem growth from the start of the issues is very swollen and growing in a spiral. Maybe from too much water?

Found out that my husband and I were each watering them, leading them to be watered every other day! :expressionless:

2 Likes

That could very well be the issue! Haha poor girls where drowning

Updated pictures from 12 hours post watering; the stems a more much sturdier feeling but they still look pretty wimpy. I hope that they will recover nicely! We have added a grow board (dates and times of watering, ppm and ph of runoff with dates, and nutrient schedules with dates) to the grow room to hopefully avoid this in the future. I hope to flower them upon recovery (if that happens) I will update in a couple days. I will take all the advice I can get in the interim. Thank you to all who have contributed this far!

Additionally, these are our babies in the nursery for the hopeful future! Any advice is appreciated, they are growing in fox farms ocean forest (4 out of 8) and coast of Maine Stonington blend (4 out of 8). Hopefully I can provide insight on the comparison between the two soil blends in the future!

2 Likes

She may still recover. The double watering was almost certainly the issue. As for the babies, they are looking great.

1 Like

Did you turn up the light intensity or did they get growing too quick? The new and shadowed growth is pretty green… i got mine a little to intense and backed off before they damaged much, but they kinda looked like that…bleached a bit. And iv think that’s my prob. I’m going to water tomorrow and see how that goes before i flip into flower

1 Like

5 day update, soil was very dry (hubby let humidifier run out while I was at work for the week :woman_facepalming:t2:) so I watered them and tested their run off. I am still not totally convinced they will be saved but here are some updated pics, side by side of last week and this week.

Current run off numbers:
Big Bud ppm 1273 ph 7.0

NY turbo ppm 810 ph 6.9

Rainbow kush ppm 1360 ph 6.9

Jean guy ppm 842 ph 7.0

I dialed back the lights a bit just in case that might be the problem. They were running at 80% and now they are at 50%. They had a bit of stretch so I turned up the light when I probably should have just lowered them towards the canopy. Thank you for the input though! I will take all the help I can get!

How they looking now?

1 Like

Fan fuckin tastic!!!

2 Likes

Hey there. pH is high. I keep 5.7 to no more than 6.5. Runoff will be slightly lower, for me, but I personally don’t even mess with the PPM. I know ppl will say that’s bad, but honestly, I’ve never done it. Always pHd after selected nute regime. Unless you are doing hydro…(Which I am not) they say PPM is very important with hydro….just my 2c.

1 Like

I think my stressed plants may have hermied :sob:

1 Like

1 Like

Are they hairs coming out of the calyx or whatever theyre called? If hairs it’s just a swollen calyx, if no hairs its male parts

I most of them have the hairs but some of them look pretty questionable, and one of my plants that was in the flower tent had seeds on it upon inspection today. I’m pretty sure it has to be one of the stressed plants, since the rest of my grow is in veg I’m hoping they didn’t get pollinated but I am not too optimistic :sob:

1 Like

Hi it takes flowers with hairs to catch pollen and become pollinated so right about the plants in veg theyre still ok. Check the one that seeded and see if it pollinated itself. It might have male and female parts too and needs to be removed