Can they be saved? Please help!

Strain; Rainbow Kush: top left, NY turbo diesel: top right, Jean guy: bottom left, Big Bud: bottom right (in order of pictures)

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? Soil in fabric pots

System type? Grow tent

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? 6.5-6.7

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS most recent run off 1,000-1,200

Indoor or Outdoor Indoor

Light system, size? 2 viper spectra 2000’s

Temps; Day, Night 66-72

Humidity; Day, Night 60-70%

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: No

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No: yes to all except co2

At first look, I suspect they are overwatered. Which doesn’t mean too much water, but rather too often. How often are you watering them? Since they are in fabric pots, the easiest way to tell that it is time to water, is to lift the planter. If they feel light, water, otherwise wait. Always make sure the soil dry-cycles between watering.

If I’m right, they will recover, once their roods dry out sufficiently.

6 Likes

Also, what are those white spots on the plant in the top right picture? That may be White Powerdy Mildew. Does it wipe off?

Thank you for the input! I typically water every 3-5 days depending on the soil, maybe I am not letting them dry out quite enough? Are the soil meters that measure moisture worth it or accurate?

2 Likes

I threw mine away. I found that the weight of the planter works well. If you’d rather find the correct schedule, one method is to water, wait for wilt, then subtract 12 hours. They recover from underwatering much quicker than overwatering.

5 Likes

The white spots are diatomaceous earth; I struggled with spider mites on my first grow and I’m desperately trying to prevent them after dealing with them the first time. I had to invest tons of time and money into getting rid of them. I obsessively check for them with a magnifier now so I am fairly certain there are no pest problems at the moment.

2 Likes

Cool. I thought it could be DE.

1 Like

These are the same plants just one week ago for reference, if that’s helpful.

2 Likes

DE is ok, isn’t it? Sorry for all the questions, I am a little paranoid about my plants since my first grow was such a disaster with the mites.

2 Likes

Yes, DE is safe. I use it as a preventative, dusting my soil once a month or so.

4 Likes

And they were drooping some then, which indicates early overwatering. I think they will be fine.

2 Likes

They look A lot better… a tad bit of clawing but better !!

1 Like

The second picture was a week prior. I wish they looked like that now!

1 Like

Looks like they were a tad magnesium hungry as well (week ago).

Id guess the overwatering as well. Can see see full body shots of them now?

1 Like

These are the plants today

Are they less droopy at all?

1 Like

Maybe a little, but they are growing in a spiral pattern now. Are they too big to top? It seems to only be the top parts that are spiraling

If they are photo-period plants, and are on 18/6 lighting schedule, you can top any time. Just remember, each topping results in 2 shoots.

1 Like

What kind of soil are they in? Something is definitely not right

2 Likes

I wouldn’t top them plants right now they are way to stressed