Can the lower buds mature before the upper ones?

Ever had a plant that all the lower buds are mature but the upper buds are still covered in white pistils but not from foxtailing?

Wish I had a picture with me to show you.

1 Like

Ya, but alot of plants of that variety heat stressed and fox tailed or morphed on me as well as having lower buds that were the best ones on the plant every time

2 Likes

Kinda like Murphy’s law when it comes to growing. Pretty much anything you can think of and a lot of stuff you’ve never thought of can happen.

5 Likes

Ya and the more messed up the genetics, the more weird traits and mutations i run across

2 Likes

How curious! I would Like to see a photo for sure!!
Do you see deficiency in fans down low where that’s happening? Is there a split or wound down there but not on the main trunk?

1 Like

I’ll post a photo when I get home this evening.

This plant went from outside to inside mid veg so I wonder if that mattered because the plant looks like its half and half with one half with low mature buds and the other half is upper and tall and yet still white pistils.

1 Like

That was maybe late 80’s or probably early 90’s in a tiny 2*3 flower space with 1000 watt hps hortilux and flourescent shop lights with warm white bulbs for side fill light doing a perpetual sog with old school promix in brown bales in 2 liter soda bottles. This bag seed electric haze would grow twin buds off of bottom of main stalk at all the nodes (3 or so) below a 2 - 3 1/2 ft main cola. I would swear those smaller twin buds were the best on the plant

1 Like

@Medicineman33 @CLICKYBONES @Outlaw

2 Likes

Yeah, I see what you’re saying!!
One of the lower intakes of my tent is passive air from a portable ac… Mid60s pours in and gets blasted around by a tower fan … Been cramming the space so a zkittles on wk7 got pushed too close to the intake… She is manifolded flat on a horizontal so they are all equal heights…but Here’s the bud closest to that opening

And heres a bud from same zkittles furthest away…

1 Like

Very interesting, makes me want to set up some experiments

I see what you are saying. Ive seen branches or parts of plants ready for harvest before the rest but never quite like that

Is it possibly a root bound issue synchronizing alongside the late Flower cycle?
Just spitballing the idea that the lowest branches on candelabra shapes are likely led by the furthest outstretched horizontal roots.
I’ve lately been realizing my watering habits in 5gallon fabrics are causing Lazy plants… I feed in a hurry , and it centralizes towards the trunk. Around week6 of flower, the outstretched branches Begin bunching inward/slightly upward…
I’ve always assumed it was either my bad watering habits, or the pot size in relationship to those final weeks of flower.
Could that cause what’s happen to yours?

Im seeing this very thing on a finishing sativa dom strain thats been outside since 2nd wk of april. A few select buds on bottom look way more done than any othe bud on it. Its 9’8" tall. It had bud already by 2nd week of may and been budding ever since. Its still out there growing.