Can’t decide on my 1st light!

Hey folks…Seeds are on the way …Now if I could just pull the trigger on my first light. I’m leaning toward the HLG100 but then I found a site (growerslights.com) and they have a QB324 160 watt kit for $179. I’m using a small closet but want to get the most for my bucks as we all do !! Anyone with experience with this company. I was originally looking on the Horticulture light depot, but they dont offer that kit. Thoughts?..Opinions? Suggestions please?
Thanks
Pete

1 Like

@dbrn32 he knows a lot about those lights, good guy too, he should be able to help you

3 Likes

There are several people here using quantum boards. @Whodat66 @blackthumbbetty there’s more and of course @dbrn32 can probably remember which models are what from memory.

2 Likes

@dbrn32

That’s my advice. :grinning:

2 Likes

Also @Familyman and @Mr.Indica with the HLG’s

1 Like

I use the 135’s version 2 and love them. I have 3. I like them because they have dimmable drivers. Oh, and growing amazing bud helps too. You won’t regret the purchase for a second.

3 Likes

Seems to be a consensus there !! Lol The HGL100 is $149 and this 160W from growers lights.com is $179, but being from a diffrent company I’m curious about the quality of the leds and if they are the Samsung’s.The 160 Kit does not appear on the HGL website so it must be something put together just for GL OR…They are doing it themselves sourcing parts and making there own kits… Info overload…lol

1 Like

Who did you buy them from?

Are you using the 3000K or 4000K?

HLG is the main company. Growers lights is a retailer.

1 Like

I just harvested my first grow using the 260w QB v2 (dimmable) kit from the distributors in Europe at todogrowled.com.

I have a 3x3 and they worked great, tight buds… very pleased… recommend

Edit: granted i did get thrips lool but wasnt the lights fault

1 Like

Correct, but the 160 kit is not even shown on the HGL site even though the growers light.com site describes it as an HGL light. So I’m wanting to be sure it is the HGL parts. A 160W 3000K kit for $179 seems like a great price…and for $20 more you can also get an optics kit.

Have to ask the others but I think one is a kit you have to put together the other is assembled.

1 Like

Thanks…My space is 2x3, so that seems like it would be great.Do you think the 260 is way more than needed?

The HLG 160w kit from growerslight uses the HLG 324 board. So they are the same quality as HLG. Growerslight just made it a kit, instead of selling the stuff seperate

2 Likes

This is going to be my first grow as well. What did you grow?

HLG will be selling new lights pretty soon. As well.

3 Likes

I also thought it would be an overkill, but nope… it does raise quite a bit temperature wise. Just set the dim to low when its a seedling

Awesome to hear that !!! I mean 100W kits are going for $149 and I stumbled upon this 160W for $179.Whats your thoughts on to get the optics kit or not?

Really you only need about 200w in that space. so the 260w kit would be a bit overkill. But you can always dim it down if needed.

1 Like