Can someone tell me if this is normal

The Spider Farmer is okay. It’s not a burple.

1 Like

I will tag a few peeps to get things going.
@dbrn32 @Hellraiser @PurpNGold74 @Nicky
wanna help this growmie grow some dank weed?

4 Likes

There is that, but I’d recommend pulling some money out and buying an HLG fixture so you only spend money once.

5 Likes

Lots of horsepower in that post!

4 Likes

Truth spoken.
I have $400 or $500 invested in 2 lights (Ufo style about 100w and MarsHydro 150w) running them both and estimate only 70% as effective as 1 good $500 light would be. So I also have to deal with excess heat.

3 Likes

Lighting will be your single best investment as @Myfriendis410 spoke to.

There is a mountain of information and opinions within this community and the search bar will be a great resource.
HLG is the most popular within this community.

HLG, Kingbrite, ChilLED, Grower Choice are all great options.
Stay away from pretty much everything on amazon, mars hydro for example.
The lowest quanlity light (overpriced) that would be a good start would be a spider farmer but again definitely not a top recommendation.

If have any specific questions feel free to tag away using the @ symbol + the users name

@ Nicky
@Nicky

2 Likes

1 Like

Used Expert Gardners potting mix for these guys but next go around I’ll be using this and 5 gallon fabric pots…

JTab:
I am in the same boat almost as you. I wish I would have joined here before I purchased. I have to shell out $200 for an 8” AC duct fan cause the 4” won’t handle the additional HLG lighting . Why? I didn’t know Jack crap. So, I am out $200 for cheap and uninformed buying decisions. Beats a lost start and wondering if I got the stuff.
All these guys seem they like the HLG and the AC Duct stuff. The lighting I have can’t tell if it s junk I don’t know. The 4”VivoSun duct fan isn’t what I expected loud and not moving the CFMs I thought it would for a C note.
My seeds are coming Monday for my first grow of hopefully many. I emphasize with you having your plants started and looking to have to get lighting…

Beyond a doubt these Veterans and Veteran growers on here WITH OUT A DOUBT are the nicest, helpful,advising, knowledgeable I have ran across since I don’t know when. Especially when you feel so stupid.

I am going to follow your grow process hopefully help me be proactive instead of reactive.

Thanks for the post

1 Like

Can see much better in these pics. :smiley: :+1:
You mentioned flower time booster but are you using any base nutrients with it? They look a little hungry.
Lower the light and switch both veg and bloom on together. Try to get them to fill out some more. Cannabis loves light.

What would be a good bad nutrient?

Base not bad

Probably the best, most economical line is JR Peters “Jack’s” using a 3-2-1 ratio of components. If you search on the forum or look at any of dozens of grows here you’ll get all the information you need. @Hellraiser and @Nicky both have active journals with lots of grow questions asked and answered.

5 Likes

Thanks @Myfriendis410
My journal is needing a picture update I hope to g we t one tonight in an hour and a half.

Little bit of a scattered journal for sure this go around but here it is.

And @Hellraiser journal is a beehive of activity here

2 Likes

the light SEEMS way too high above the plants also. did it come with suggested hanging heights in different growth stages? my blurples did , in the manuals

If I am wrong, someone correct my opinion please.

You could try some LST. Get her bent over and have a more level light intensity across the stalk.

The manual said to start at 48inches above canopy for 7 days and then adjusting 2 inches a day after finally stopping between 30 to 33 inches above canopy

I hate this site. Format sucks. Sorry. I’m just so fucking pissed at this shit. Is it cause I use a phone. This fucking place sucks.

I use my phone with no issues.

I love this site. Great people with an incredible amount of knowledge.

Be well.

2 Likes