Can someone suggest a value?

Hey, hey!
Im am outdoor grower stepping over to the light side…:roll_eyes:
I have been researching and I’m tapped out. I know there’s a million threads… but if someone wants to be really really awesome… they can help a sister out. I know i can spend under 200 for a soil set up, i just need a friendly fellow thriftmeister to guide me a lil bit! Only need gadgets, gear and equipment!

I need a 4 to 6 plant set up to get thru a grow. Marketplace and Amazon are stressing me out. I know everyone likes whatthey like… but I’m so open to a thrifty bud turning me on to some good gear…Im compiling my list for hydro this winter, but right now i need a basic setup. Tent, lighting system, ventillation system, timers, and all the clips, ducts and brackets or whatnot to secure. I really want simple and inexpensive…(.it will be used for my propping house plants obsession or nursery, but im investing in my hydro growroom in a few months. ) Just need asap and efficient. I want to be able to move my early vegging ladies asap! Thanks!!!

1 Like

Any more info on how you plan to set things up

2 Likes

Your gonna need more then 200.00 Even a single plant setup is around 299.00 without gadgets.

3 Likes

Sometimes you can find used on FB marketplace, Craigslist or Next Door. Just be safe!

5 Likes

If I understand what you’re wanting, your going to need a strong light, and there’s just no way to cheap out on it. If you buy a $200 light, you’ll be disappointed. Don’t buy a blurple light from china. You’re going to need something like an hlg 650r from hlg lighting. To get set up right to grow 5 or 6 plants you’re looking at around $1,500 from the ground up.

4 Likes

I bought a china light on amazon 3 grows in tent now a Shutuz 2000 or 4000 covers a 6x6 flowering tent mine is a 4x4 tent vivosun tent kit 469 onamazom the light that comes with kits are way too small.

3 Likes

Everything depends on the light. There is a lot of misinformation and outright lies regarding LED’s and like stated you have to spend the money to get quality lights. HLG is the unquestioned leader in lighting but they are not cheap. Plan on (if using good lights) around 150 to 200 actual watts of power per plant. So; a four plant grow will need around 600 watts of light to get good flower.

This is a simplification of the way good lights are measured as luminous efficacy is the actual metric.

As to growing, there isn’t anything more simple than running coco in fabric pots with a good nutrient line. I like the Jack’s program, as do many others.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community ! the best way to keep the Price down for a indoor grow would be a smaller grow space. 3x3 space maybe two plants.

2 Likes

Ditto this I would say $1500 in lights alone if you’re going led

1 Like

Thank you, that’s what i decided to do, i really just need something asap for 3 GG girls who are losing light and looking small…

1 Like

Thank you!

Tx, so you think i can order another light and be ok? I have a 299, 349 abd 379$ kits in the cart on amazon. I thought about just buying a second light…

I recommend look away from buying a kit they tend to cheap out on the lights. You should be able to pick up a 3 x 3 tent for round 90 bucks . Look at the HLG LED lights good quality for your 3x3 space. Good luck :v:

1 Like

Ok…so…ill take those recommedations on decent lights. I have 250-300ish. Amazon has decent deals… Need to cover 3x3 space in a larger tent. Not opposed to lighting from diff angles or multi lighting…LED…

Look at the specs closely as I’ve not seen any ‘good deals’ on lights through Amazon.

2 Likes