Can someone please help out @Chronicjdl89?

Sorry I meant potassium problem

That is more what it is lookin like to me. Since reading the deficiency article last night.

I saw this same thing in my first grow which was also White Widow. I had two plants, but only one showed the symptoms youā€™re seeing on yours.
I also thought it was a magnesium problem, but I tried to ignore it and decided to transplant the affected girl into a larger container. When I unpotted her I found that she was critically root bound.

Anyway, the transplant fixed her right up immediately. Iā€™m pretty certain the problem was over feeding, so the extra soil in the larger pot was able to dilute the extra nutrients in the old soil.

If you are unable to transplant her, I would do a flush either with FFs Sledgehammer or plain, ph water. Ever since that happened I went back to doing what I know has always worked: always use nutrients at half strength for all indoor plants. This is not something I found on my own. This advice came to me from a professional farmer, so I take it as gospel, and he was right! :slight_smile:

Good luck. I hope that helps!

2 Likes

Yeah I been back and forth with a lot of em and Iā€™m almost certain itā€™s potassium and quick home remadys anyone knows about when I transplanted her they were a little root bound but that was a few days ago and the leaves are turning more yellow now on the bottom and starting to die

I would feed it with something like 10-10-10 nutes. Just a regular 1/2 strength feed and see how it looks in about 7 days see if that helped.

1 Like

Okay, I think the first thing you need to do is to not panic. Itā€™s gonna be alright, luv. :slight_smile:

Now, have you tried giving her a good flush yet? If not, then that is what I would do right away. Even if itā€™s a potassium problem, you can readjust the nutrients after the flush. You also need to make sure the pH is between 6.3 - 6.7, because if itā€™s not then that can cause the nutrient imbalance.

1 Like

Iā€™m in the process of flushing her now then Iā€™ll give her half the nutes again hope it works the water that ran out was like in the 5.5 6.0 range n I only have the ph up and down kit my ph reader broke

1 Like

Especially if the bottom leaves are turning yellow an dieing. You could also have a nitrogen deficiency. Which could just be from your pH being out. Should check your run off from next watering an make sure that itā€™s between 6.3 an 6.7. Could be that this is what your problem is. Lots of deficiencies start with a fu@&ed up ph. So thatā€™s the first step. An if itā€™s not.that then go down the list. Iā€™ve heard that it takes about a week for your plants to show signs of improvement.
Happy growing
Jay

2 Likes

Okay, excellent.

As you do the flush make sure the water you are using is the correct ph. You will probably need to add some Ph Up. So add 1 pipette of PH Up to 1 gallon of water, and take a pH reading. You may need to add a little more, so add just a half pipette at a time until you get the right ph.

I know this is tedious, but itā€™ll be worth it. :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah as we speak Iā€™m trying to get all this started haha this is an interesting grow Iā€™ll tell you guys but learning all this now is better for future referance plus i hope I also help someone else out that goes thru the same thing I will keep everyone informed as the days roll on still appreciate the help

2 Likes

Also when doing your flush 2 times the size of your pot for water that needs to be poured through it. So if you have a 5 gallon pot you need to flush it with at least 10 gallons of water to properly flush the soil of excess salts and nutes. Just a FYI for ya. Donā€™t know if you know that or not. Twice the amount an youā€™ll be fine. I know some guys on here say 3 times but thatā€™s just crazy. 2 times is more than enough. Hopefully this makes sensense to you.

1 Like

I think I read somewhere you want your runoff to be less than 100ppm TDS. Maybe you, @Zero420 /someone can confirm this. Might be a more accurate way to know how much water to flush with?

1 Like

@Matthew420
Ya Iā€™m not to familiar with ppm at the moment. But @garrigan62 should be of help on that l. Maybe even @Soilgrowth might know or @latewood. Might as well tag @yoshi too. Heā€™s a lil book of knowledge that guy is.

1 Like

Is ppm the amount of water that drains out? Didnā€™t know that. Iā€™ll def show some more pix Ina few days to show progress

Ppm is the amount of particles in the water. Trace minerals and such forth. Most important in hydroponic.

3 Likes

If you learn to control parts per million in your water nutrient feedings you will get insane amazingly results . But @Latewood taught me that and I have not had a bad harvest since I figure that strategy out , but if you used Latewoid secret weapon of the Lucas formula , I promise you guys will be trimming buds for about 2-3 days seriously ā€¦itā€™s really works and produce some of the biggest colas you could ever imagine . The head guys that mediate this forum know what they doing trust me . I yield 36 ounces with those guys wisdom ?

6 Likes

Tell this method @yoshi please

Ancient Chinese secrets. Have to put the Triads on you!!! Lol

3 Likes

I did not know that Yoshi. On behalf og myself and the
Guys"; Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

My 3 part tutorial is located in the GrowFAQs in the beginner section.

3 Likes