Can someone please help me with lights?

Can someone recommend lights for me? I’m new here and know nothing! lol HELP! What do you think about Cob lights? I’ve ordered lights twice now, first ones were total junk next set was okay LED 1000 watt full spect, they were not the greatest either. Now I’ve thrown a few hundred away…I NEED HELP! How do you tag someone on here? I dont know how to do that either! dbrn32

2 Likes

@dbrn32 just add the @ symbol before their name like this. He’s going to need more info like size of area lighting up, and budget to recommend the proper light.

2 Likes

There’s been a lot of buzz about cobs last couple years. Its important to distinguish you can have really good cobs or really bad cobs, just like everything else. So just because something is a cob, doesn’t mean it’s a great led. Sounds like you kinda learned hard way, sorry.

Happy to help you find something though. What size space, and what kind of budget do you have?

3 Likes

I have a 4x8 tent don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars …yet lol

1 Like

You are going to have to spend some cash to fill that tent size with light. Alternative, until you can, you could portion off a section of that tent. I just dropped about $250 on DIY QB LED light for a 2x4 space. What’s your lighting budget?

3 Likes

Unfortunately lighting a 4x8 space to grow weed isn’t cheap. Even a couple of air cooled 600’s gonna set you back a few hundred bucks a piece. To get into higher end led fixture’s for 4x8 your looking at a few thousand. There’s some money to be saved on leds if you want to build yourself, but your sti looking at roughly $40 per square foot.

How many plants do you plan on growing in the tent?

3 Likes

try the Quantum Board kits,
i would go with the HLG 260w V2 XL QB, each one covers a 2x4 area,
4 XL’s will fill a 4x8 tent wall to wall for flower.
u can start with one like Dad said, then add more when moneys permit.!
https://growerslights.com/collections/horticulture-lighting-group/products/horticulture-lighting-group-260-watt-xl-quantum-board-led-kit
QB kits r the best light for the money right now.!!
at $350 each they r not cheap tho.!

2 Likes

I have ten started so I better buy lights!

I have ten started

Anything on Amazon until I save some cash? to make up my bad lights and several hundred in the trash!

4 of these will do it?

Personally, I think you’d just be buying more lights like you have. At least I’m not aware of one being significantly better than the others as far as leds go.

Have you considered going with hps? A lot of people shy away from them because of all the heat they throw at canopy. But a 600 with air cooled hood is a really nice light to grow with on a budget.

1 Like

I will look at them thanks…

How many for that tent? Two?

Ya. You don’t necessarily need to get two. Try one on one side and other lights you have on the other side. Then you can hold onto a little cash for future if you still want to get into some better led fixtures.

Cmh is another option, but going to be quite a bit more than hps.

1 Like

THANK YOU SO MUCH! You people are awesome…

1 Like

nope, Amazon is selling lots of junk like u have now.
sorry man, but it is the blunt truth.

yes, 4x HLG 260w V2 XL QB’s would rock a 4x8 tent.!

like dbrn said, make do with what u have and save up for awesome lights.!!
i have to do the same, i grow on a strict budget, but lighting is worth saving for.!

1 Like

Thanks Im going to save for those lights Im going to buy one at a time

1 Like