Can someone help with this leaf symptom

I’ve grown a long time, but I’m not real good at diagnosing leaf symptoms. My plant is 6 weeks into veg, and I have the beginning of a possible issue. I don’t normally have issues, so looking for some help. It’s in happy frog, and I have not started feeding yet. I’m only running about 350 ppfd right now. Hlg 350r.

At 6 weeks I would imagine your soil is depleted. Do you have any whole plant pics? What is your runoff ppm?

2 Likes

@Dexterado, also check the ph of your run off. I suspect that the ph maybe causing a lock out. Looks like what I would get when my hydro ph would get off. But anyway ppm and ph both should be taken.

2 Likes

I water with 6.5 ph, and haven’t watered to runoff. 10 gal. pot, and I water a gallon. Only watered twice since the transplant to this pot.

2 Likes

New soil in a 10 gallon pot would probably rule out a deficiency. You may need to do a slurry test on the soil. This will prevent overwatering in order to get a run off. If the ph is low, you can scratch some lime. Then water at 7.5 for a few times.

1 Like

Full body pictures would help immensely.

Looks like you may have the start of a calcium deficiency, but I could be wrong.

When did you transplant up? And when did the damage start? Also has it spread any?

Transplanted up 9 days ago. I noticed the damage on two leaves a couple days ago, I took them off, and haven’t seen it on any others….yet. I’m in living soil, watering with 7.5 well water which I thought the soil would buffer to the correct range. Maybe not. I watered yesterday and ph’d water to 6.

1 Like

Living soils tend to need reinoculation (think microbes like Recharge, Mykos, etc). The pH range when growin with microbes is much bigger. I rarely adjust it at all. As long as its over 5 and under 8, i let them do the heavy lifting

2 Likes

I’ve got some recharge, just haven’t used it yet. Light comes on in a couple hours, we’ll see what it looks like.

1 Like

It is possible that the yellowing and possible nutrient burn on the tips of the leaves could be caused by a number of factors.

You may be looking at the start of a calcium deficiency, or it could be caused by overwatering, pH imbalances, nutrient imbalances, or light stress.

It would be helpful to perform a soil test to check the nutrient levels and pH, as well as monitoring the plant’s watering schedule and light exposure.

It’s also important to consider the timing of your transplant, as this can sometimes cause stress and lead to issues.

This morning the leaves (older ones) that looked good yesterday, have started the browning, and crisping today. I checked the soil ph, and all is good, around 6.2. I have not watered until runoff yet, so I just flushed it well. Took off the bad leaves, so I’ll wait and see what tomorrow brings.

Flushing a living soil (or watering to runoff too often) is actually detrimental and not highly recommended. Is get some runoff numbers and move from there

1 Like

Yep, that’s what I’m doing. I’m going to go ahead and start flowering tonight I think.

1 Like

U might wanna make sure the crisis is avoided before starting flower. Mistakes are magnified when the nutrient requirements skyrocket.

Take the rest of the week to be certain she’s in her best possible position

2 Likes