Can someone help with directions?

I have a 3x3 tent, and wanted to add a UV/IR supplemental light bar. I decided to buy this one:

Emerson Effect Grow Lamp KingBrite Vertical lighting QB11 20Watt… (stripped the link)

I wanted something small that can go in either tent. (Also have a 2x2).

When the light arrived, it came disassembled, and there are no directions nor can I find a youtube video to help. I wrote to the supplier, but still haven’t heard anything.

Here’s the pieces I have - took a few pics.

I’m good at putting together knock down furniture - but unfortunately, electrical is outside of my wheelhouse. I could do this if I had a picture, but I got nothing.

Can anyone help me figure this out? My girls and I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance and here’s to huge harvests for all!

2 Likes

Easy peezy, let me see if I can splain it. If I can get my words right.
If not you and I both know there is a dozen here that can.

3 Likes

Are you mounting this light to another light or using it as a separate stand alone?

2 Likes

Stand alone. That way I can move it tent to tent if I want/need to.

1 Like

Let’s start with power in.
So the extension cord goes on input side brown to black, blue to white. Using the supplied connectors.

The output side goes to light, red= plus sign, black = neg sign
Looks like the driver leads are long enough to mount to light or use red and black extension to “remote” mount the driver, best way.

1 Like

I personally don’t like those connectors, I solder and heat shrink. But many do use them.

1 Like

What do I do with the ground wire coming out of the plug?

Did it come with any way of hanging the light? Doesn’t look like it did. Maybe a couple of eye bolts,washers and nuts are needed.

1 Like

The did send eye bolts and ratchet hangers, just not in the pic.

1 Like

Since the driver is all plastic and will probably be remote mounted just cut it or leave it be. You could add a length of wire and wire it to the frame of the light.

1 Like

I hate to say I’m still lost. Here’s what I understand so far. Brown wire connected to black on the plug, blue wire connected to white. Leave ground unattached or wire to body of light using extra wire that I supply.

What I don’t understand is how to connect the driver to the light fixture? Do the wires clip into the tan thingies at the ends of the light bar?

I’m blushing writing this because I don’t know the right words here. (SO not like me!)

1 Like

Yes, just to one end NOT both, the other end is for linking lights.
The wire simply pushes in when ready for the connection.
No blush, we all learning. You should see some of my questions :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Ok, so the long red and black wires are to attach the driver “remotely”. Or I can clip the red and black ones on the driver to one of the tan clips and screw the little driver to the bar. (It’s 20 watts, no way it gets hot enough to cause a problem.)

I think this may be the final question - does it matter which wire goes in which hole?

1 Like

You could even get some 3m extreme mounting tape to mount the driver to bar. I’m with you, not gonna be that warm.
Yes it does!!!
Red to plus sign
Black to negative sign on light bar connection.
I’ma try to zoom the pic and make sure they are marked, they bttr be.

1 Like

It’s still wrapped in plastic - not sure if it will show. :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah not seeing what I wanted to but it has to be marked.
Time to unwrap your new toy :wink:

1 Like

Imma heading upstairs right now. I’ll bring my strong reading glasses. Wish me luck!

And thanks very much, this was rather frustrating.

2 Likes

You got this. Take a pic and zoom if needed.
No frustration, simple things maam

3 Likes

I gotta get off my arse and go work some today, if ya get stuck or have a question I know @storm has wired lights and if course the light god @dbrn32

3 Likes

I got it working, thanks again! X1000000

2 Likes