Can someone help me make a compost tea for flower

Yea I bin wanting to switch to complete organics I jus learned few days ago putting worm castings on top of dry amendments breakdown fast plus I got dr.jimz chicken soup for the soil an this stuff that’s like recharge called mikrobs… I wanna make my own soil from complete scratch… But at same time I love fox farms coco loco an happy n oceans but coco loco Is more my fav soil now… I also wanna try str8 coco n perlite… but I really appreciate all the advice n info thank u so much y’all…

Do yourself a favor and just go straight coco. Canna coco dehydrated bricks are on amazon for a decent price. One brick gets me about 4-5 gal substrate. Havent done it real recently to get a good idea so thats just a estimate but its close to that amount per brick. Something hellraiser said avout perilite dust made me do the switch from motyer earth 70/30 coco perilite to straight coco. Cost was a factor too. Much cheaper to get dehydrated bricks than bags rehydrated

2 Likes

Funny cause I was actually going order mother earth 70-30 coco perlite …but I grow soil not coco so wasn’t too sure on what kind I should use n yea money is a issue so coco would save me a lot of cash but Idk where to start so to say

I dont reuse my coco like you would soil but i do reuse my planters. I use jacks 321 and build my way up to daily watering/feeding and continue throughout flower. The 4 pack is $78 and has 2 bricks per pack

3 Likes

What you mean work your way up… I jus started using jacks 321 an for the first feed i noticed slight difference anyway I got jacks bloom booster 10-30-20 n jacks321… so what you start lower than 321 ??? Or ???I’m sorry I jus really wanna use this the right way . An my baby crystal is the candidate for jacks321 in coco loco with added perlite an worm castings. An does it matter what coco I use I don’t think I got 80$ for 2 coco bricks if canna coco so I’ma have to look for cheaper but good coco thank u anyway an I truly appreciate all the advice an info.

When plants are seedlings they wont want watered daily its more like every 4 days or so and then as they get bigger i go by dry pot weight vs wet pot weight and they eventually want watered daily as the pots will be light when i do my daily checks. I rehydrate my coco bricks with full strength jacks and cal mag and with the exception of the first couple waterings every time i water will be a feed day. If i ever run into issues ill water with plain water ph’d to 5.6-6.0 for a day or 2 depending on the issue and then go back to feeding. I have not used anything extra from jacks yet just doing the 3 part system (part a&b and epsom salt) with silica

1 Like

Be careful you get what you pay for and some companies wont do as many washes for buffering. I havent tried any other brands so their may be better out there. If you go with cheap coco coir i would wash and buffer it at home with ph’d water and cal mag. Its been a while since ive rehydrated coco myself so i looked at Amazon reviews and they said canna is the top dog of coco coir and the best name brand right now. They said 1 brick does a 3 gallon smart pot and you get 4 bricks per package so 8 bricks or 2 packages should get the job done. This can be confusing based off what the review said but one whole brick has a split to be broke in 2 in the middle so technically you get 4 bricks per package of 2 complete bricks. $80 for almost 50 gallons worth of rehydrated coco if you do the math. It is cheaper if you can find them at a local grow shop tho as many reviews said its 2x expensive on amazon as per usual

1 Like

Do you use recharge tea during flower?? If so do you add anything to it other than recharge

Yea I hear ya an believe me I know u get what you pay for I try an wait till I have enough money to get the right stuff I made few sacrifices an luckily it worked out but yea when it comes to soil I don’t cheat an I don’t wanna go cheap with this either… my babies deserve the best of the best as long as I can afford it…lol but yea I was looking into mother. Earth coco +perlite but if I remember when u get bricks u gotta let them soak to expand right.??

Yep. I do this with full strength jacks 321 and cal mag as per bottle instructions. I think its like 25-30 ml per 5 gal batch. You only really need cal mag as an additive when rehydrating the bricks intially and in case you run into any issues along the way you can supplement it in for a bit jacks 321 has you covered for the most part. Here are some screenshots i saved before switching to jacks 321 to better understand things. I hope you find use of them

1 Like

2 Likes

Yes use it every other watering and I do add some fish shit

Yea I jus got jacks321 n my crystal jus got her first 2 doses of it… I gave her first feed the other day an yesterday I notice light green tips n I was pretty puzzled being she was transplanted only few days before I figured my coco loco would’ve went longer than 4-7 days but anyway yea I notice the light tips so I gave her some more n today she looks wonderful

Crystal

2 Likes

So I got choice I can go with 2 spider farmer sf2000 in my 3+3+6 an have 400 watts full spectrum or I can go 350watts with spider farmer sf 2000 an mars hydro ts1000… I know the 400 is obvious but I wonder being each light is full spectrum but tad different :thinking: Wonder
@Underthestairs @BigCat420 @dirtydave @JaneQP @Aussie_autos @SilvaBack203 @MeEasy

1 Like

Hey just dusting everything off for the indoor grow.

I bought an HLG refurb kit and the power cord is so dang twitchy I am almost ready to give it away. They use strand wire instead of sold core copper wire. I have stripped three times and still no good connection. Always finding a dark tent when the cord sags. Before any you ask I went it and bought a $20 stripper/cutter before the last try.

Also they treated me like an idiot when THEY sent the wrong carabiner size for hanging the light. “Can someone explain to her how carabiners work?” as part of an email string I guess I wasn’t supposed to see.

Dang it, I could tell it would not fit but had to send pictures before they would believe me. Jeez I live in CO, carabiners are a way of life here before that person was probably even born.

Their online instructions suck especially addressing the third wire not shown in their videos.

I know there are a lot of HLG lovers but I am not one of them.

A free pair of glasses does not make up for the rude behavior I encountered and shoddy material to work with.

1 Like

Damn that’s so wack…an yea I jus put both my spiders up so I got 400 watts in my 3+3+6 but I put dial at 60 being at100% it’s 80Degrees I didn’t like that so I lowered lights some will check in bout n hr

Yah im not sure about this one i guess i would go with the 400watt

I would just run the 2 spider farmers. No point in trying to run different light brands if you dont need to. Also i havent had much luck with the TS line. They do work but the ppfd falls off hard on the sides. 1 ts3000 was rated for a 4x4 or 5x5 and i have 2 to achieve full side to side coverage in my 5x5. Never ran spider farmer brand tho so i can’t speak much for their lights

1 Like

I would go with the same brand most of the lights can be daisy chained now meaning the dimmer on one light controls both

2 Likes

I’m also a fan of congruity 5 symmetry. I’d run the same lights, unless you’re intentionally getting different spectrums.

Jane I’m definitely sorry to hear of the existence with HLG. I recently had to make the same fix, a drop off solder on the cord tip has it set right so far.

1 Like