Can someone explain the role of each nutrient?

Hello, guys.
Can someone explain the different roles of each nutrient listed below. When the levels of each nutrient should be high or low, depending on the different stages.
Is there a good profile of nutrients for the different stages, like percentages of each nutrient depending on what it does. When should we give more and less. If I’m missing some please add them.

Thank you!

Nitrogen
Phosphorus
Potassium
Sulphur
Calcium
Magnesium
Iron
Manganese
Boron
Copper
Zinc
Molybdenum

2 Likes

When you get a certain type of nutrient, for example, JACKS 321 the manufacturer has a schedule for feeding and when to use what. Jacks is simple. The bergmans they sell on ILGM is the same way. They made it easy and have the bags labeled for each stage(only to be used when needed per their instructions) i think depending what nutes you are using it depends on the amount and frequency. There was a picture i saw someone post that had different pictures of problematic leaves and it said what deficiency each one had to cause the issue. Your medium also matters. Certain soils have certain nutes in there and some don’t have as many. I did some searching around the forums reading what people said worked, what didn’t work and what would they have changed, etc etc.

2 Likes

Just using this as an example to articulate what i was trying to say. This is the feeding schedule for Jacks.

2 Likes

This is the imagine i saw on one of the forums here and snagged it for my use. Credit to whoever posted it originally. It’s not my image.

3 Likes

Nitrogen- the main nutrient for actual growth and photosynthesis
Phosphorus- main nutrient for thc production
Potassium- works with calcium and magnesium to regulate growth
Sulphur- main nutrient for terp production
Calcium
Magnesium
The rest are just micro nutrients needed for minor processes
Iron
Manganese
Boron
Copper
Zinc
Molybdenum

8 Likes

Look up Harley Smith Cannabis nutrient videos on YouTube. He’s got a few long videos where he breaks down the different roles of all the individual nutrients.

1 Like

Nitrogen
It’s a component of chlorophyll, the green pigment that gives plants their color. It’s also a crucial building block of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the “molecular unit of currency” that energizes plant cells. During the vegetative stage, plants will need extra nitrogen as they stretch.

Phosphorus
This macronutrient is responsible for flower development and helps regulate the uptake of other nutrients. As a result, it’s one of the best nutrients for the flowering stage. That’s not phosphorus’ only responsibility, though. This element is actually vital not only to plant development, but to all life on Earth. That’s because phosphates (organic compounds made of phosphors and other elements) make up the DNA and RNA of every living thing on the planet.

Potassium
Potassium’s primary responsibility in cannabis plants is taking care of water regulation. It does so by opening and closing the plant’s stomata – small holes that can exchange gasses like carbon dioxide and water vapor. This nutrient also initiates ATP production inside weed plant cells. Potassium also contributes to healthy cell walls, which protect plants from infectious diseases. It’s particularly important during the flowering phase for bud formation.

Calcium
Calcium strengthens plant cell walls and maintains healthy, consistent growth. It also helps absorb and transport other nutrients throughout the plant. While it’s not technically a macronutrient, it’s more critical to a plant’s growth than any other micronutrient except magnesium.

Magnesium
Magnesium is one of the main building blocks of chlorophyll. As a result, it’s critical to photosynthesis and without it, plants can’t convert light into energy. Magnesium also helps plants break down glucose, which leads to healthy development of new growth. Like calcium, magnesium isn’t technically a macronutrient, but it’s more important than other micronutrients.

Iron
Iron is used to facilitate chlorophyll production and enzyme reactions. Iron chelates are soluble and aid in keeping iron in solution available for uptake.

manganese
Manganese is required for chlorophyll formation and enzyme reactions.

boron
Boron aids in the creation and stabilization of the cell walls in plant cells. It is required for root tip development and new growth.

zinc
Zinc is used to activate enzymic reactions and indoleacetic acid.

copper
Copper is essential to the growth of plants. Among other things, it plays a part in several enzyme processes and is key to the formation of chlorophyll.

Molybdenum
Molybdenum (Mo) is a nutrient that’s normally used in gardening to boost nitrogen metabolism in plants.

Sulfur
Contributes to aroma, terpenes, growth, chlorophyll distribution, helps with nutrient and water absorption

17 Likes

@GreenSnek and @Low guys you are dope!
Thank you very much.
You got my point.
@Cap_Ron I will because I was searching for that kind of content.

4 Likes

@Low that’s great info best post I’ve read all morning

6 Likes

Every vitamin and amino acid a human being needs for our genetic profile of bacteria that modifies the human bone and flesh , is thee exact same diet your plants require , just by parts per million and science !
You come from dirt and plants grow from dirt ?

4 Likes

@MadamCalamity you might enjoy this

2 Likes