Can someone explain cal mag

Hmm…all interesting and resourceful. Appreciate it. I used fox farm tiger bloom and everyone said to test ph of water before applying. Never did and had great results using full strength. Now I know that cal-mag is different but the ph must be somewhat balanced or it wouldn’t have been successful

@MrPeat are you using tap water?

And others say the opposite. How you can’t over do it. Which I would like to believe but not sure enough to tell quite yet. I’m just gonna give er a go on a full dose and see how they reapond

@Sindog216 if your using nutes pH of your water doesnt matter until after you add them. Always mix up your batch and pH last.
Ive made a mistake and have given my plants 4 times the amount of cal-mag they were supposed to have and they were just fine. Adding 3-4ml per gallon is not going to effect them negatively at all! Just make sure you’re measuring it per gallon, not per liter haha!

Yes I use a PUR water filter and I haven’t needed Cal-mag. :+1:

1 Like

Going to respectfully disagree. Testing your tap for TDS will give you a dissolved mineral count but not the make up of those minerals, a water quality test would be needed, you referenced PH, totally different than TDS.

1 Like

Most tap water has minerals added too it they are calcium, magnesium,& potassium and that is why i asked if using tap water may not need cal mag to just ph your tap water to 6.2 to 6.8

1 Like

My tap has a PH of 7.1 and a TDS of 40-60 so I have to add calcium and magnesium due to a lack of minerals :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes