Can seedlings take 55 degree

My seedling are 6 days old. Can i put them outside now. It gets cold outside 55 and below to about 49. My question is can 5 day old seedlings survive outside

It’s going to be really ruff on them you got a 50-50 shot

2 Likes

Eeek. That’s pretty cold for seedlings.
Around here I never put anything in the ground before Memorial Day, (zone 5a).

2 Likes

Yea thats what i thought. We have the seedlings in pots they are 5 days old. My grow partner wants to put them outside instead of keeping them inside under a light. I left my indoors under 40 watt cfl light at 6 inches away from plant top. I think they will slow down in growth if he leaves them outside in this so cal weather. Its still cold at night reaching as low as 49. I rather be cautious

1 Like

Yeah. I figured its going to affect and stut the plants growing. I left my skywalker and Bruce banner inside under a 40 watt cfl light at 6 inchs away from plant top. Im not going to risk it. I paid to much to just kill my seedlings. The master, bubba and hindo kush stayed outside with a bruce banner and skywalker and black widow

Yes. They grow slower, but can do just fine at 55.

1 Like

I live in florida, I can’t live in 55 degrees! LOL

1 Like

I would grow them inside in the warmth until they are ready to go outside…

Even a very weak light can sustain seedlings and early veg anyways.

Something as simple as this can keep them growing until its time to move them outside

LED Grow Light Bulb, 20W Full Spectrum Growing Lights for Indoor Plants, E27 LED Plant Light Bulbs for Hydroponic Succulent Veg Flower Seedlings, Indoor Garden Greenhouse Grow Lamp

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JFRL5LX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_hni2CbJEX32HE

2 Likes

if you plan on putting them outside With temps down around 55 or below you can cut the top off a milk jug and place it over top of them at night and you can use an old blanket or old towel and wrap the pot for insulation the heat from the day will keep your soil and roots around 65 at night make sure you have something under your pits as insulation from contact with the ground tho or it will not work i have used this method growing other plants in the past

1 Like