Can nutrient deficiencies slow ripening?

New grower and I have an autoflower that seems to me to have pretty much stalled. I have lots of fan leaves dying and its probably safe to say my nutrients probably aint on par. Can poor nutrients slow the ripening process? the tricomes seem unchanged in last two weeks.

If they aren’t adjusted properly in regards to the amount, if the pH isn’t adjusted to proper range for the medium, then absolutely. Making sure that the nutrients are added at proper amounts and mixed well (in specific order if schedule calls for it) can result in root lockout.

4 Likes

Thank you for responding. Id say there is a good chance this is whats happened. This stuff is way more hands on and complicated than I imagined. Tried to keep it simple but it seems thats not worked out. lol It for sure seems stalled. I gave it its last nutes 2 weeks ago figuring I was close to harvest and I use chemical nutes. may have not given it enough even when I was feeding since i just did half the smallest dose. My other plant seemed to do the same and started foxtailing at the end. Im going to have to figure out a different method if I plan to keep growing. may be to much science for this ole county boy.

1 Like

I went all out and bought hundreds of dollars of nutes and organic amendments and microbes. Do you have a reliable pH meter? Are you pH’ing your nutrient solution after mixing in range for your medium?

4 Likes

I highly recommend Jacks 321. Its a 3 part nute system, Part A, Epsom salt and Part B. Mixed in that order. And it’s the same ratio of each, every feeding. It’s very gentle on the plants. Very easy to adjust should deficiency or toxicity occur. And cheap. I mean real cheap. $26 will get a 6lb kit on ebay and will last probably 5 grows, 2 plants each.

4 Likes

My Sour D autoflower took off like a race car from day 1. It eventually hit a spot where it stalled for like 2 weeks. Then it fattened up at the end some more. I got good yield from it and I had thought it was not going to be and I didn’t do anything wrong as far as I know, sometimes the plant does what it does :person_shrugging: ( I could have messed up as well)

3 Likes

just got a good meter and checked run off and it was 6.4. havent feed since i got the meter so wasnt ph balancing before just 1tsp of fox farm big bloom to gallon of distilled water every other watering. so every 4th day. Have been super happy with both plants but they just wont seem to ripen. I dont worry much over yeild but want what I do grow to be decent. I plan to give jacks a go next grow

3 Likes

Unsure on the autos, but I do flush if there’s a stalling (of any kind) in the grow, including ripening… In fact, the final week is when I throw every trick at her to disrupt the comfort zone…doing this, and dropping temps usually gets me the 10/30% ambering within a week or so.

3 Likes

I got those size bags. Have been through 3 single plant grows and haven’t made much of a dent in them. Lots still in the bags.

3 Likes

thank you I will try that. I dont know much but i really feel its stalled or slowed for some reason

2 Likes

Thank you. I just ordered some. ive never used ebay so dont ever check it. wow its so much cheaper for this than I found on amazon. Looks like i need to learn how to shop better also

2 Likes

I’ve used 3 different nute lines over the years. Jack’s is by far the best imho.

4 Likes