Can my tincture be fixed?

I put an ounce in everclear and its been soaking for 3 weeks. However, i am just realizing that i never decarbed it. Has anyone ever done this?

Im assuming the booze has absorbed the thc by now. I usually heat the mixture in a crockpot outdoors to evaporate it down to the concentration i want, but im thinking that booze evaporates so fast the thc wont get hot enough to decrarb? Did i just trash an ounce?

3 Likes

You may be able to evaporate all of the alcohol, decarb in the oven and then dissolve in alcohol again. I have not tried this, it is just a guess.

@AfgVet may have better information based on actual experience rather than making it up like I am doing. :grin: :thinking:

5 Likes

I always decarb after extraction. I follow this guide, and use this heated magnetic stirrer. See the appendix “Decarbing Oil”

6 Likes

Thanks for the tag @merlin44

@ExoFly I decarb my oil after extraction like Newt recommended, but you can also decarb the oil in the oven once ALL of the alcohol has evaporated.

And when you get on that page Newt recommended, look for articles on QWET. You’ll get a much better end product than letting it soak for 3 weeks.

7 Likes

Sweet. Thank you all!

2 Likes

Good luck, let us know how it turns out for you. :grin: :man_mage:

2 Likes

Definitely will. Thank you!

2 Likes

Just finishing three full spectrum runs in the S.T. I decarb before when possible as it removes most of the residual moisture in the plant material. Nice and dry when it goes in to the Mason jar. But I’ve done it in the oven as well and works just fine.

3 Likes