Can I use a hps from start to finish growing autos?

I want to grow 4 autos under a 1000 watt hps. I was wondering if I need to use a blue spectrum thru stretch? or if I’d be good just running the hps throughout veg/flower? It’s a eye hortilux if that makes a difference.

I don’t really know alot about hps lights but I found this in the ilgm guide. I do know that blue help with the nodes and keeping them tight which makes colas form fuller. Lights only penitrate so far into the canopy so the closer the nodes the more nodes will get light. Good luck :evergreen_tree::sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes it will work, other spectrums maybe more efficient. But that HPS will get you some dank in the end all the same.

3 Likes

Do you think I’d loose out during veg? If I kept the hps cool and low to the plants would that help the node spacing be tighter? Or no matter what I do would I get stretching with an hps?
@PurpNGold74
@MeEasy

HPS is heavier in the red spectrum (below 3500k). Most use that for only flowering. Reducing intensity wont stop the stretch, actually it’ll encourage it even more. Weaker lights = more stretch, redder lights = more stretch.

Now I grow with LED but my lights are in the 3500k spectrum… they have a fair amount into the red side but I grow with them from seed to harvest. Thus its very possible to grow with them. Just for more efficient growth, tight node spacing, blues (6000k +) would be recommended.

Just give it a go. Wont hurr

4 Likes

@Ginger420 if you read what @PurpNGold74 said I just want to add a yep another yep and a definite it’s worth a try :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: good luck work with what you’ve got until you got more to work with :nerd_face:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Lookin good @Ginger420 great stuff :+1:

1 Like

1 Like

The eye hortilux HPS bulb has enhanced blue, it’ll be fine. I did many grows with nothing other than a eye hortilux HPS.

I eneded up buying a MH I’m going to switch to the HPS about a week after stretching

1 Like

Can’t go wrong with MH, a great veg spectrum.

1 Like

They should be big gals by now