Can i use 1 gallon pot for outdoor plant?

I’ll probably wait till middle of June before mine go out.
Our nite temps aren’t quite there yet.
Gonna get a few cuts first too .:wink:

2 Likes

You have plenty of time, it will be Hot by then, I know next 3 months will be Hot here, been cooler than normal here lately

2 Likes

I dont know where you guys are but i was able to get some in the ground on March 15 just kept them under a glass table for a few weeks

7 Likes

But at this point im glad i did

6 Likes

Stick them in the ground.

Oops you already did that….cool!:+1::v:

That was a Smart decision, look at them now , send me some Sunshine im down South, it’s been raining damp cloudy and miserable my girls need some Sunshine

2 Likes

Nice crops you got there!.. Good idea using the glass table…you were getting sun and keeping the real rain off them…!

1 Like

Them sure are pretty though send me a cutting ill show ya the only good thing about california lol

2 Likes

Ya it worked a lot better than i thought but they out grew the table im doing same thing next year for sure

1 Like

I still had snow on the ground then. :joy:
I’m just east of Maine a few hundred miles. :canada: :wink:
We had a heavy frost just last night. :man_shrugging:

Ahhh A left coaster. :joy:
You guys get all the early outdoor perks. :joy::+1:

2 Likes

One dallen pots? Really? You can grow it for about a month before it’s rootbound and stops growing. If you’re growing outside why would you use a small container, unless of course it’s illegal to grow there and you live in town. I been growing for 48 years and it just became legal to grow 4 plants in Virginia last year. The least amount of plants I ever grew was in 1978 when I got lazy and grew only 36 plants. I live in the part of the Appalachian mountains known as the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia and I plant straight into the ground once they get 2ft tall. Dig out a 30-40 gallon hole, full with your soul mixture (unfertilized soil, meaning no miracle grow soil), use microbial natural fertilizer and water with non chlorinated water, use rainwater, well water,etc. If you don’t have access to no chlorinated water you can de-chlorinate town and county water with a dechlorinator available online or use sodium bisulfate or sodium thiosulfate. Water well in the last 3-4 weeks of flowering with NO fertilizer for the last 4-5 weeks

1 Like

If you have to use a container to grow in then check out A Pot for Pot , affiliated with ILGM so you can get discounts. They have everything thing you will need to grow cannabis as a house plant up to a harvest of a pound per plant pot, which is actually a 35 gallon grow bag. Grow kits include everything except the seed, sun and love you provide. Great site for those who grow just a couple plants for personal use.

I respect the West Coast California is where my seeds originated and the Home of Red Haired Sensei :partying_face:

2 Likes

I’m from South Carolina. Been to Smokey and Blue Ridge mountains the dirt is rich with nutrients some of the best tomatoes i ever had came from Tennessee Good Shine and Weed I have shared from there. The soil here is sandy so I add a little bit of potting soil until the plants get established, Weed grows pretty good in the sandy soil here, I use some Jack’s, Fish Emulsion and liquid worm castings, I only use gallon nursery pots to start my plant’s, when it gets a good root system i go straight into the ground keeps the roots cool and the weed hidden and plenty of space to expand

2 Likes

So i did a 1 gallon trial on 4 plants, they are just now about 5 days in to flower and ill be honest fairly small yes but all in all not bad at all for having almost zero cost

2 Likes

6 Likes

They look really good. If you like using small containers but you want big plants and buds you should try hydroponics growing. It’s actually a lot easier than people think sand no more work than what you’re doing now. There’s a lot of supply sites, materials, videos, DIY videos and very low cost when you make it yourself. Check out a app called Pinterest, it has anything and everything you can imagine on it, from people all over the world. Tons of grow sites,seeds, just everything. How to make moonshine at home. Anything you can think of just type in the search bar and there’s hundreds of them. Good luck.

Got the big bud part figured out big guy i just enjoy tring new things, been down the hydro road as well but iv seen alot of people ask about one gallon pots so rather than me giving them an answer bassed on assumption i figured i would try it my self so my opinions are based off things i know to be fact but anytime you would like advice im here for ya anything im sharing is bassed off methods that i have proven to work, by the way il show you pics of these little 1 gallon girls and i promises they wont stay little baby buds for ever but thank you for the reply

1 Like

They look great!!! Did you start them in a grow tent?