Can I switch from organic to synthetic?

Can I switch from feeding my plants all organic to synthetic mid grow? theyre in week 2 flower WWA from ILGM

1 Like

Can you be more specific about what you mean? What’s your medium, current nutrient source, and proposed nutrient source (if applicable)?

im growing 100% organic using compost teas in FFOF soil.
im wanting to switch them over to non organic? like a FOX FARMS line?
can i switch my plants from a 100% organic grow to feeding them non organic nutes mid grow?

1 Like

@Dirt why would you want to do such a thing? What do you ‘think’ you will achieve by switching or what are you ‘wanting’ to achieve?
I’m just trying to get a better understanding. I personally would not switch as I feel the less synthetic additives you use the better. How do the plants currently look?

1 Like

this is my first organic grow. I feel more comfortable with the bottled nutes im running into nitrogen problems for a week or 2 now.

1 Like

What are you currently running?

White Widow Auto ILGM

Are you adding any organic nutrients to the soil?

To answer your question, yes you can. Alot of people veg with just FFOF and dont add any nutes for up to 4 weeks. After 4 weeks they switch to FF trio and start feeding. Same difference for u, you just had more organic matter cuz u fed teas. If it is what you want to do. DO IT!!!

4 Likes

Thank you so much lmao i got asked more questions than i was ready for

Yes if it what ‘you’ want to do then by all mean go ahead and do it. To each there own my friend :wink:
Personally I wouldn’t simply because the fact that they haven’t been introduced to synthetic nutrients before. If I was in your situation and wanting to add syphilitic nutrients I would first start with a very minor ratio. In hopes of not shocking the plants. This ‘transition’ stage could take 2-3 weeks. This could put you at about 5-6 weeks into flower. Once you are done with this transition stage of adding a ‘new’ nutrients you will almost be into the flushing stage of the plant.
That ‘could be’ one heck of a shock/change to the plants normal patterns. Once again this is simply my two cents. We all have our own growing styles. I lean more towards the organic way.
Happy growing…

i think @Axemanjake23 is right because thats how i do my synthetic grows lol ffof till they need to be fed then straight to the bottles its the same deal its just gone on a little longer this time and im high as hell so i didnt think of it like that lmao

2 Likes

I’m doing this now…but with BioBizz nutes. 3/4 droplets of Grow from a pipette at first to one liter only and working up towards half strength…closely monitoring. I’m taking it super slow on the intro.

1 Like

Can we step back and figure out what is indicative of nitrogen problems? How many days into flower are these plants?

2 Likes

hows that for needin some nitrogen buddy

2 Likes

Ive had to switch to synthetics when I first started my organic runs because I didn’t want to eff up my yields. However, In flower I would only switch if you’re feeling desperate. But with organics creating a better quality smoke imo my first step would be to put a compost tea together before jumping ship. Cup of worm castings tablespoon kelp, teaspoon cal mg, teaspoon of alfalfa n bat guano if you have it and a lil molasses. 24 hrs of bubbling.

I also use Fox Farm Big Bloom for a kick but I’ve also been doing some experimenting lately. You can easily buy some flower nutes from Dr Earth and bubble that or Down to Earths Rose n Flower for the same kinda setup. Super easy.

3 Likes

Good luck

2 Likes

For anyone wondering about this, it’s a good idea to stick to living soil if you start that way. Moving to fertigation with ionic nutrients will technically work, but you can’t rely on measuring runoff to gauge uptake. Soil is prone to nutrient adsorption (not the same as absorption), which further complicates matters. That doesn’t mean you can’t address nutrient issues without disturbing the soil. You can top-dress with amendments, and you can use teas. Some soil science experiments argue that microbial life is the key to nutrient availability, and that with a healthy rhizosphere plants can derive all the nutrients they need from conventionally poor souls. I’ve been very impressed with Recharge, but there are many alternative products (Mycos, Mammoth, etc).

5 Likes

I agree with you. Switching would be the last thing I’d do esp if it’s a nitrogen deficiency as this could easily be resolved with a tea as a faster way to turn things around vs the top dress. I have been bouncing all around in my feed rediments trying to find what works best for my growing style and I’m still up in the air. Some grows I use dry amendments some grows I use bottled nutes. Just grabbed some Jack’s and I’m trying that as well…it actually led me to getting a bag of recharge too and the girls seem to like that. Saw good vegetative growth for a set of autos and I have a small grow setup so moving things around and shaking things up doesn’t impact me as much as if I was in a 3x3 or larger. But def I’ve only switched once mid flower because I panicked and I made it through but I’m sure synthetics def impacted overall yield n quality.

2 Likes

okay so heres the results right after this post i took one of the plants and doused her with the fox farm trio. shes already looking greener

3 Likes