Can I super-crop or otherwisse top this plant?

White Widow under flourescent tubes, most of the 2700k, after tomorrow all will be 2700k. Photoperiod reduced from 18/6 to 12/12 last week when I changed the bulbs.

I would like to top these back, either doing a FIM, or super-cropping, or pinching out the leads, in order to keep the branches from growing into the bulbs.

TLDR: if a plant has pistils, is it too late to trim or top?

TIA,

EZ

Yup, but that plant looks pretty sparse and spindly. I’d be careful.

2 Likes

Thanks. I had two in that setup, I transplanted the other one outside a couple days ago to give this one more room to fill out. I was hoping that I could help it along.

I’ve got other plants outside, and this year is really experimentation for me, so I’m trying a few different things. I don’t really get high that often so I’m not worried about a huge yield. It’s really just for fun, because I love gardening.

1 Like

You’re in flower and past transition of flower….I wouldn’t top or fim at this point

3 Likes

Listen to @grizZz It’s too late to fim/supercrop/top. Just do LST and get the bud sites out from under each other

2 Likes

Too late to top…

2 Likes

I think it was a good idea to split them up…it seems like your light isn’t strong enough for both…not being rude or critical just trying to help you

1 Like

I appreciate all the advice. Yeah the lights are pretty weak. It’s a modification of my veggie-seed late-winter starting setup. The lights are great when really low over the seedlings, but obviously very weak when farther away.

With these two plants I was having to raise the lights every day, the plants were growing that quickly. The one I put outside is looking much better than this one. Fortunately I have several other plants outside, in grow bags, and no lack of buds.

I did a super-cropping of this plant yesterday before I saw the replies advising against it. So we will see what happens. If it turns out a dud, no problem, I learned something.

I have seven or eight more WW fem seeds which I might try again over the winter, maybe get an LED light, a good one with 4x4 coverage. Maybe I’ll try the SoG or ScroG method just for fun.

2 Likes

I bend(supercrop) branches all the time. I usually bloom an extra 10 days if I do it during flowering days

Check out my Black Widow in the Bud of the month contest. Polling is Open. It is the Hot as Hell August 2021 Bud of the month contest - #31 by latewood

Here’s that plant now in my new grow tent with SonoFarm2000 LED.

2 Likes