Can I smoke these?

That’s exactly what happened to me…did my research so I snipped a few lowers and tossed in the oven. It actually was better than I expected

1 Like

I just might have to try it then.

Curing is where your Terps come in. Which is your smell and taste. So if you dry and smoke it, it may get you high. But more then likely won’t even last long. If you wanna try it dry it the right way and cure it.
You want it’s full capabilities, nothing less. Otherwise you wasted time and energy.
I mean, you don’t put all the time, love, and effort, just to cut it short at the end. Plus the Terps help increase the length of time of your high, or how your high will feel. Why catch a buzz for 10 mins and then wanna burn again? Do it right, you’ll be glad you did. Take it from someone who’s fast dried and didnt cure.

3 Likes

Oh you are absolutely right my man. Believe me, I want my work to come out as proper as can be. That’s why I was hesitant to the quick method of just putting it on the oven. But I’m only asking on drying up a few branches that were lower and about to fall off. Please trust and believe the rest of the plants will all be hung dried and cured for around 3 weeks to a month before tasting those. I need everything to come out as close to A1 as possible. If I can say I grew some tree better than a dispo on my first run, then I’ll be happy. I’ve been a competitor all my life. I want nothing short of the best.

1 Like

6 month cure for cannabis cup quality. I dont think I could cure that long myself though. Lol.

2 Likes

Shoooooooot that’s way too long for me! Lol
At this point at least though. You better believe that’s a goal of mine. I’d freaking love to just even be considered to compete at a cup!

1 Like

I’m a patient soul besides that I’m not running on empty :wink::sweat_smile: I plan on a 1 month cure taste test then 3 months before sharing any then save a bit to try at 6 months.

4 Likes

I hope one day I can do a 6 month or a 3 month cure.
Most likely a month will be the longest I wait. Lol.

4 Likes

Ooooh I like that plan too. I might just have to put a little jar aside (around a quarter) and put it away for that 6 months just to see the difference. Good shit mane!

4 Likes

Haha I hear you, I want to try my tree right away! But put a little aside like I’m thinking, get a mini jar to put aside just a quarter. I’m betting we’ll be real happy with our results.

2 Likes

I just cant wait to smoke some more of my own bud. Best weed is your own.

3 Likes

Can you guesstimate around how much your harvest will come out to be dried weight?

I can’t. My plants are too young and I have 4 plants, 1 will finish earlier then the other 3. But I’m hoping to just get an oz off her. Hopefully more off my others though. I’m gonna be order my ff trio soon for nutes which should really help too. I got a few more weeks before I could even try to guess. Not even in flower yet.

1 Like

Same thought process I had, but I’ll prolly stash away a quarter of to half my harvest and Make sure it gets a good long cure. It will be difficult as this will be my first harvest. But definitely worth it. The main thing for me is to just put it out of sight. If I don’t see it I won’t want it lol

Gonna be pretty tough!

8 Likes

If you mean is it possible though for someone to do, I’d assume so. Figuring a certain percentage for moisture… I think you probably could. Lol.

1 Like

Hmm okay okay, just curious. What size tent are you growing in?

Using my garage. Not a tent. But the area I’m using isn’t very big. I’m still working on getting everything I need and what not. I eventually plan to make it better. Sealed off more to control humidity etc. But the garage isn’t completely sealed from outside. So I cant control everything completely. Honestly it’s a really ghetto set up. But over time I’ll get more and more and be set. My long term goal is to get 4-8 oz per plant, for my autos. But for now I’m going for 1 oz. Lol.

1 Like

Nice man, your first harvest? That’s some beautiful tree. What strain is it? Absolutely gorgeous, very jealous haha. Going to save half of the harvest for 6 months? Good for you partner haha, you’ll be very happy I’m sure. I can’t save that much for that long haha.

2 Likes

Bag seed out of some :dash: I got. I’m in a 2x2 with an HLG 135 v2 rspec. Getting very close to harvest I think. Been reading on here like an addict for months. Lots of knowledge and experience here. Only way I’ve made it this far is because of this forum. There’s so many options on strains on here I don’t even know what I’m gonna drop next lol. But I’ve definitely found a new hobby that I will be doing for many years to come.

2 Likes

Just dont forget in storing and curing to use glass jars with tight lids and burp them and add something for humidity control.

1 Like