Can i Ripen my marijuana crop faster? I want to harvest

What do you suggest is the best way to ripen a crop? I have an indoor marijuana garden and the plants seem to be taking a while to mature.

The time it takes to mature is in the marijuana plants’ genetics. Maturation can take anywhere from 45 to 70 days after forcing (assuming the plants get the required 12 hours of darkness every day). You cannot alter the traits of an individual plant. You can, however, hasten the maturation period by changing the environment. A longer dark period, for instance, will shorten maturation time (at the expense of the overall yield). Indeed, a marijuana plant that ripens in 10 weeks with 12 hours of darkness per day will ripen in 8 weeks at 14 hours of darkness per day. This saves you about 20% of the time, but it also keeps your yield at 75% of its true capacity.

Another way to increase maturation time is to increase the dark period from 12 to 14 hours around two weeks prior to the expected harvest period. The marijuana plants will fully ripen a few days faster without substantially affecting the yield.

Nitrogen in the fertilizer formula will delay maturation so you should limit its presence toward the end of flowering.

Joker

I definitely agree with the p poo st about the longer dark period. The plant will sense. winter coming and ripen faster trying too mature.