Can I really grow just one plant this year?

Living in the piney woods will certainly keep you on edge: nice job!

4 Likes

@Newt @Dforce @TransplantedFarmgirl - thank you all for the suggestions!

check this out too!!!

6 Likes

Yeah, i can’t remember what his excuse was… something about the weed eating crew burned something and they thought it was out and, supposedly, that was 2 days ago. We don’t buy it at all. It started and progressed so quickly and we never saw anything being burned there until this happened. Usually we see smoke from burn piles but we always check to make sure they are burning responsibly.

6 Likes

Nothing like electricity :zap::zap:Works for everything.

2 Likes

you electrify the plant? wha?

1 Like

gosh that’s scary. Glad it was contained.

2 Likes

It was a close call… and the guy who started it (the property owner) just watched us running around trying to stop it from hitting the trees… what a mo-fo

6 Likes

Gosh my friend I am so happy everyone responded quickly. I flash back to the fires that raged through Superior. I learned a lot about wild grasses in open spaces and how it saved many homes.

5 Likes

Things are just the opposite here in Cali… our summers are brown and all the grasses are dead. Winter is when everything turns green and lush.

I am very grateful for the outcome, indeed!

8 Likes

Crazy! Glad everyone is ok.

I hope all the rain we got this year will cut down on our whole state catching on fire like past years.

3 Likes

That is part of the problem here. Whenever we have wet springs, the grasses grow taller than they do in dry springs. All the grasses turn brown and dead here in the summer so it gives us plenty of dangerous kindling

4 Likes

Minnesota is looking to be on par with California. They had a drought last a few years here recently but looked like it was going to be better with the last fall/winter precip…guess not.

3 Likes

I wish we could transfer water in and out of diffrent states. Such a waste when there is flooding in one state and drought in another.

5 Likes

I laughed so hard at the snails :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Holy cow I just read about the fire also. What a dxxx neighbor. So glad y’all are ok!!!

4 Likes

If the Federal government wanted to do something constructive they’d start a public work’s project to move water from places where it’s abundant to places where it isn’t. Like a pipeline from the Columbia river…

3 Likes

Back in the 80’s, my dad ran an outdoor skills business. One of our clients was Canadian military (engineer), he said they US has plans to reroute rivers from BC down the Rockies into California.
Since then tho, we are getting short on water in the summers as well! Damn climate change!

3 Likes

EXACTLY!!! That’s what I keep saying. We have il pipelines that run across the entire US… so why not water pipelines? When there is massive flooding somewhere, it could be diverted to a flood plain then drain into the pipeline and sent to wherever it is needed!

3 Likes

The climate has been changing forever… it’s an ongoing thing that just happens. We are literally still coming out of an ice age.

2 Likes

Omgosh tooooo close, !!!

2 Likes