Can I really grow just one plant this year?

Good morning everyone!

I was making sure this little plant was going to survive before I showed it off.

It’s been getting to a low of 30 F or less here pretty much most nights. I had raspberry bushes in pots underneath the deck with almost zero sunlight and this little seedling was in it.

This volunteer had a stem on it almost 8 inches long! It was stretching out of the pot to try and find some sun and warmth.

I have no clue what it is but it’s papa was a Sneaky Freaky from @repins. I can already see some purple coming out but most likely that was from being so cold?.. I have no clue. The SF got some great purple coloring and so did the Chocolate Thai and the Grape Ape (but that might have just been from the cooler nights as it matured.

It was hard to get out because the roots on the raspberry bush are very hearty and the plant probably needs to go into the ground in the spring so it’s not root-bound. I pulled it out as gently as I could but didn’t get much soil so I scraped out some generic potting soil, put it in my hand and wrapped the long stem around a bit and buried most of it in a pot with that soil. I didn’t bother getting good soil because, honestly, I didn’t really think it would survive but here it is.

I really don’t need to grow anything for a while but I couldn’t just let the thing die now could I :woman_shrugging:

28 Likes

@Mark0427 @CygnusX1 @TT @Lorenda_x @kaptain3d @Lacewing @Newt @Borderryan22 @beardless @Deepsix

13 Likes

@GreggT @JaneQP @Graysin @Low @Myfriendis410 @OGIncognito @Retiredoldguy @StonedCold13 @Thatbaldguy

10 Likes

Show’s you how hardy these plants are. Good job on saving her Sister.

12 Likes

Following avidly! Thanks for the tag… :smile:

10 Likes

Thanks for the tag, that little girl has a cool back story already! Nice. The purple reminds me of high intensity LED symptoms. Interesting!

10 Likes

Gentle hands :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: ida ripped the roots to shreds :upside_down_face:
Thanks for the tag in, I’ll be :eyes::metal:

7 Likes

What a trooper! Thanks for the tag! I’ll be following along!

8 Likes

I’m along for the adventure.

5 Likes

Thank you! I try to tell people that I don’t do anything special with my seedlings… no humidity domes, no misting… my house is between 62 - 72 F and humidity is between 20-30% (because of our wood stove)… tough love, right LOL?

10 Likes

Absolutely! You know I need you :wink:

5 Likes

She will be beautiful.

6 Likes

Or maybe because it was so cold outside… don’t know who the mom is, but dad was Sneaky Freak and that had really cool purple coloring:

16 Likes

Sweet! Thank you for hanging out with me :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Very nice! Welcome… I’m already thinking about sprouting just ONE more… I promise… just one more

8 Likes

All the plants last year were so beautiful… I wonder if I’ll be able to guess who the mom is LOL

8 Likes

im in to watch

6 Likes

Welcome!!!

6 Likes

Grabbed a seat in the back. Thank you for the tag!

6 Likes

:joy::rofl: just one

You know I’m in for the grow!

6 Likes