Can I move a potted plant that has grown outside for 12 weeks, inside the house? I live in S. Florida

Hi, I have 3 plants that are 14 weeks old today. They are up to 36". I am mainly growing them for ornamental purposes, but will surely take advantage of the harvest :). I want to know if it is okay to move them from the exterior where they have been exposed to sun, wind and natural conditions, to an air conditioned area where they will get at least 4 hours of direct sunlight and at least a total of 12 hours of indirect light? Please let me know. They are growing very nicely, all seem to be females and I have babied them from day 1. BTW, I play classical music from india for them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can. I would check very well for bugs first tho.

3 Likes

Thank you!
Yes, I look at all of them with a jeweler magnifying glass almost daily. They are clean and healthy. I have never topped them off. Perhaps I should. Right?
Thanks for the input.

I would top and remember when you go 12/12 light schedule for flowering they will get 2x-3x bigger.

Yayyyy! Can’t wait. My 86 year old mother is in love with the plants. I keep telling her they are tomato plants… Will have to place some tomatoes around it at some point. Oh well!

3 Likes

I believe some here uses a camo net with fake tomatoes on it above their outdoor grow to fool neighbors and cops maybe @Mrcrabs i think

2 Likes

I am sorry I am bombarding you with so many questions.
Do you think I can put the 3 of them in the same pot. A large pot inside the house?

One plant per pot is the preferred method. If one plant has an issue in a multi plant pot the others could be adversely affected.

1 Like

Makes sense.
Thanks for the input.

1 Like

First of all welcome @Lola and I am intrigued with all kind of music, would love to here a sample of your music style!! Soild advice , they got u covered but no it wasn’t me with camo net and Tomatoe plants but i too had seen a post like that, hmmm @RandomlyRan

Thank you @Mrcrabs I search for indian classical music in Apple music but I also do Mozart and Chopin. I have also moved them 3 times to bigger pots and never, have they suffered through the transplant process. I play music for them at least 3 times a week. Please keep me posted with your suggestions. I moved them inside and they look beautiful. I will try to upload a picture. Thanks!

2 Likes

Beautiful keep up the good work , i already have some playing very zen music, love mozart myself, good luck on your grow if you ever need help just tag me and if im of any assistance, i surely give you hand or directory you to someone for a solution, happy growing a d nice meeting you @Lola

@Mrcrabs sorry I thought it was you. I don’t know why lol. Probably because your so smart :grin:

1 Like

Thank for brushing my ego, lol

Welcome to ILGM! :v:

1 Like

Nice looking ladies @Lola… I’m West Palm our sunlight is diminishing fast outside your right. Curious are you hoping to keep them in veg state for a while?? Welcome to the site btw and it was vinyl flowers that swamp guy uses to put on the plants as decoys and it works awesome… it breaks the pattern or something and fools me even…

1 Like

Hi @LocoRock, I don’t really know what I am doing with these plants. As long as they are getting sun, will they stay in veg state? What do I do to get the to the flowering stage? I love how they look just the way they are. But I am afraid that comes Christmas and I will have to decorate them like X-mas trees.
Please give me your thoughts, since we are both in neighboring cities.
Thanks a lot!

I thought I read you were keeping them outside then substituting artificial light when bringing them back inside, I’m sorry. I didnt mean to confuse or initiate any worrysome feelings. You could have fooled me you look like you have it under control very well. As far as our sunlight - we are at 12 hrs & 55 mins. As of today and diminishing. You could leave them out and they will start to flower. Once @ 12 hrs hormones initiate flowering…

Great site btw

Just checked out that site. That’s perfect for what I’m doing outside.