Can I mix sunshine and grow lights

As an experement I planted a seedling on the 5th of August in a greenhouse
My single Bergmans Goldleaf Auto has about 3 weeks to go before harvest. It has only ever known natural light as its source in a double glazed green house with heating, oscillating fan and a dehumidifier with an Ionozer to :boom:Zap :boom: the filthy mold.
My question is : as the daylight hours are diminishing and the grey clouds become a permanent fixure can I mix lighting sources using a 400 watt led -400 SMD = daylight or should I ride ot out until the finish with grey daylight as my only source ?
:nerd_face:

you can, there are some guys on here that grow like that… ill try and think who it is…:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it…Happy Sunday from Western Wales :sunglasses:

1 Like

Go for it it won’t hurt to bring it in and finish it.

any advice on distance from top bud to light source, I am a novice with artfical light I must admit.

1 Like

I’d start at 18 in and go from there. That should let it get acclimated without any issues. You may be able to bring it a bit closer after a few days once things settle in.

3 Likes

My exact thoughts should perform well under 18 inchs

3 Likes

I’m one. In theory there could be issues with changing spectrum between LED’s and sunlight but in my experience the plants do just fine. I supplement my day indoors with sunshine outside when possible. But my (normally) grow usually means taking plants out when I can. It’s a cost saving measure for me. Sunlight is free.

4 Likes

Thank you for replying kettle , sunshine is starting to be in short supply where I live.
I think I will slowly introduce my bermans goldleaf auto slowly to the LED, say 2ft for a few days then 18" .
Have a great Sunday !

2 Likes

I did that all spring summer and fall, only issue is I out grew my tent and got some rain on my plants leaving me with bud rot.

I agree with @Myfriendis410 it’s a $ savin method I use, it’s usually cooler outside come mid summer as well.

2 Likes

Greenhouse growers routinely supplement sunlight or lack of it with lighting. So absolutely! Go for it! That’s industry standard in the northern hemisphere. Almost all commercial greenhouses run lighting systems to boost yield in all types of agricultural not just pot! There is a huge development in fixtures purely for greenhouses with very tall ceiling heights.

2 Likes

Greetings Oldguy
my gal has now got used to the light source @ 18", what height should I be at for the last week or two before the trichomes go to amber ? Normally

This is my 1st grow of Auto Bermans Gold Leaf and she’s been in 13 weeks today .
James68+1.5

1 Like

Good day @James68. My led 300w was at 14 in above the tops but if I went any closer than 12 in i would have a touch of light burn. I probably wouldn’t go any closer than 14 in with yours.
It’s a bit stronger than mine. 400 vs 300.
Keep an eye on the tops but you should be good at that. :+1:

1 Like

I thank you for your reply Mr O
14" it is and a weather eye out for heat stress on the big fat top buds.

Do you use grow sunglasses? I think LED/stealth growing is the way forward for me due to the anti-hemp rhetoric that pervades the UK .

It has not rained here for two days and everyone is getting kinda nervous. :scream:

2 Likes

I did have to wear them with the blurple. If I didn’t it was almost like a cid trip ( as I recall from my youth) but not as enjoyable. :grin:
Here it’s good to go for 4 girls at a time with no limit on possession at home. But must be properly secured. ( locked)
Up to 30 g in transit so at least we can gift a buddy. :wink:.

It has not rained here for two days and everyone is getting kinda nervous.

We’re getting 2 days of it for thurs and fri then sub zero on sat morning.
I can’t wait for spring :wink::joy:
Hope this new dehumidifier of yours continues to keep that :nauseated_face: rot away from your grows from now on.
I traveled thru Scotland as a youngster
with family on vacay. Of the 7 days we were there it rained 5 of them. :grin:
I know. :+1:
Peace for now @James68.
Blessings. :v:

2 Likes

the de-humidifier is pulling 4 to 5 lires of water out of the atmosphere overnight and not a sign of :nauseated_face: the filthy rot !

thanks for the blurple sunglasses info, I worked as a Lighting Gaffer all my professional life and your comparison with El Cid is on the money or on the mushrooms in my case…ah ! blue remembered hills ! :rainbow:
Bendithion

1 Like

ps: Scotland is most cool groovy these days, although the rain remains dreadful .:open_umbrella:
Pax 2 U

1 Like

Many thanks for getting me to here .
J68 :pray:

4 Likes

Wow.

Fantastic looking. From my observation, your buds are looking really great there, James.

Curious, how tall is it now?

Tell me, shouldn’t the roots from my grow be thicker than it is? What’s your experiential opinion?

1 Like

I don’t think that light is powerful enough to be much use that far away. Maybe 16 inches would be better?

1 Like