Can I Mainline Critical Mass CBD, Jack Herer & Wedding Cake

Hello fellow ILGM forum members. Though I have been growing photos for years I am about to grow my first autos. I read some online posts about autos and spoke to the most knowledgeable person at my local grow shop. I have been using Nugbuckets’ mainlining technique on my photos and understand some autos respond well to mainlining and some no so much.

I am wondering if any forum members have mainlined a Critical Mass CBD, Jack Herer and/or Wedding Cake and how they responded to mainlining.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t risk it myself. My first and current auto started flowering 18 days after it sprouted. I would suggest lst but you will do what you want with your plants!

Good luck and if you start a journal feel free to tag me

2 Likes

kUDSDNvKwrM2s

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

@Nicky is the auto expert 'round here.

1 Like

Thank you MidwestGuy from someone who lives in the midwest.

Thank you for the welcome beachglass.

Absolutely you can Brother, trade the nug mainline for a nebula manifold. Same structure with 1 less topping :love_you_gesture:.

Gorilla Glue auto

3 Likes

That was quick on the flowering period. I realize that it is a gamble but the autos are to replace three photos that just were not making it. I know from reports on another grower forum that autos can be successfully mainlined but the variety also important at this point in time. I chose to post here because all of my autos were purchased from ilgm.com and I wanted to hear from growers using ILGM autos. I have heard good things about ILGM’s quality genetics and am looking for a new seedbank.

1 Like

:point_up_2: 2 years growing their seeds and a 98% germ to harvest rate. I run my autos a lot like photos as in a 14 day seedling period with a transplant to their forever pot, I top them back to the 3rd node after they hit the 5th-6th. Sativas at the 5th node and Indicas at the 6th. My second topping generally comes around week 2.5-3 weeks of veg leaving a week plus to start preflower. My go to technique and a quad line/mod manifold on all the autos I grow :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Thank you OGIncognito. I started with Nebula Haze’s manifolding but a friend who a really accomplished grower told me that Nugbuckets’ mainlining technique was better for potency and/or harvest yield. For some reason I just don’t trust my ability to use LST without breaking a lot of ‘branches’.

1 Like

Never went with nugs mainline before, studied it before deciding on the manifold. I dig the structure and allows me to stuff more inside the tent with only minimal width taken up by both technique :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

This is really helpful. I am now of the belief that genetics are the most important thing in having a successful grow and yet it seems that so many growers just search for the lowest price.

1 Like

AK47 manifold on the right and a mod manifold/quadline on the left. I didn’t remove the 3rd or 4th node on the mod. Running these at the moment on week 6 :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Very true. An extra 5 bucks a bean is worth it compared to several lost weeks-months to :poop: genetics

1 Like

@Pet_de_Chien has done a little torture on some autos. I personally do little training, mainly just lst if any, since they have their own timeline. @OGIncognito is a beast too!

3 Likes

Appreciate that Brother Ryan :love_you_gesture:

I agree it was definitely fast… may have been stress induced if I read right? But that is the whole plant right there in it’s 5th week of flower that pic is like 2-3 days old! I guess I should have said it started showing pre-flower on day 18 I then waited until day 30 to start feeding flower nutes and that pic is where I am now.

Also the pic don’t do this plant any justice it looks so good in real life. Bud wise :joy:

1 Like

I have not grown an auto in a couple of years. However the last one I grew was an ILGM Jacker Herer. I recall they were noticeably stubborn to germinate. They took several days. The other main attribute is the continuation of being slow. They seemed to take for ever to get established and grow. However, once they did they were well worth the tardiness. I started 4 and put 3 outdoors and 1 inside. I lost the three I grew outside. I was too slow to protect them and start spraying for critters. They were destroyed by caterpillars.
The indoor plant again took forever. This is it on day 60 after germinating.

If yours is anywhere close to being as slow as mine, all options are available.

I did not top it, I did simple round the world LST

Overall it was a nice plant and respectable harvest. About a week before chop

1 Like