Can I harvest the middle bud on an auto plant, and leave the rest growing?

Thanks for the reply @dbrn32!!!

1 Like

thanks @raustin

Honestly, if the trichs were that ambered, FOR ME, I’d flush her with florakleen or sledgehammer, give her a day, then harvest it.

Or, I might not even bother with the flush & just harvest her before lights on tomorrow.

1 Like

I don’t have any florakleen or sledgehammer… It is time to water though. Would u water with regular water with no nutes one more time before harvesting or just harvest her? I only watered with no nutes once so far…, and just the regular amount of water… Thanks @blackthumbbetty!!!

At this point, it’s your call. I like to let my plants go w/o water for 3-5 days before harvesting, personally. However, if you water, NO NUTES.

1 Like

Thanks @blackthumbbetty! I was thinking, or think I read, that it is good to water with no nutes at least a couple times or flush with no nutes, or with those things u mentioned, to try to get all or most of the nutes out of there before harvest! Thanks again!!!

Yes. Usually. For myself, if my plants were 30% amber NOW, I’d be prepping to harvest ASAP, which would mean skipping a step or 2.

Next grow, try to keep closer tabs on your trichs so you can do all the proper pre-harvest steps. :grinning:

1 Like

I was having trouble seeing them really good, but they looked fine, from what I could tell… Then got busy… Then got the loupe more wired one day…, and could see them pretty good, and it looked ready!!! Had just watered with nutes a day or 2 before. Opps!!! Seems like they can change pretty quickly, but at first was having trouble seeing the trichs just right… Another lesson learned!!! Thanks @blackthumbbetty!!!

So, when exactly was their last feed/water?

1 Like

Hmmm, 3 and half days… oh, going on four days now… About their usual schedule… About twice a week or 4 days…

Can you post a pic of your plant, and a trich close-up, please?

1 Like

I think I wanna try to stay closer to 3 and a half days next grow…, or right at 3 and a half days, like my nute schedule says to do…

Oh, shoot!!! I still did not get a new phone yet… So, I can not post pics on here. I only have a hand held loupe to look at my trichromes… Kinda hard to get them in focus sometimes with that little thing, but I am getting better at it now…

I don’t feel comfortable giving too much more advice w/o seeing the state of your plant. If it’s 30% amber, it’s definitely ready. You probably only have another week or 2 before the trichs really start to degrade. Whatever you decide to do, keep that in mind. :grinning:

1 Like

Ok… Thank u very much for all the advice the last months @blackthumbbetty !!! Yea, I would say that one plant is at least 30% amber, so I guess I should just harvest tonight or tomorrow.

Do u know if it is bad, if I do not get all or most of the nutes out of there…? By only watering once with no nutes? If I water tonight, I can not wait many days at all before I harvest that one plant!!! The other two plants look fine…

Guess, I should prob. just skip a step or 2 like u said earlier… If I water tonight, and then harvest a day or 2 later, there will be a lot of moisture/water in the buds…, I suppose…

The smoke might be a bit harsh. It might not.

Again, you can wait to harvest & do a flush, but remember that your plant is counting down the clock, now.

1 Like

Yep… Ok, thank you!!!

Well, I decided to do a flush, or kinda a mini flush, as I was getting tired… Not sure how much more water than usual is considered a flush…!?! Never actually done a flush before, so not sure how much water is considered a flush… Not sure what I should do about that plant now? That plant does not need to mature any further, should not mature further, but it will some… I am certainly open to any ideas, that anyone might have… , I suppose I should make a new topic, and see how many ideas people might have about this problem,… and then maybe people would or could debate a little bit about what might be best to do, in a nice friendly way of course… (lol) I certainly am not sure the best thing to do in this situation! Could maybe raise the lights a little bit at a time, but that will make the soil take longer to dry out… Or move the plant away from the light a certain amount, which will also make the soil dry out slower, not sure if that would matter right before harvesting…? That would not effect the other two plants.though. I could also set the lights to be on for less time, but I do have those two other plants under those lights… Interesting problem to solve… lol

I suppose the main thing is for that clean water with no nutes in it to get from the roots, up to the tips of the buds farthest from the roots. I wonder how long I should wait before harvesting now…? Any suggestions?

If you’ve been giving it nutrients up to now and you want to take the plant, you can drench flush it with 3 times the pot size in plain water. I wouldn’t worry about the ph because you’re harvesting anyway. Just let the plant sit for one more light cycle so it can pull the water into the plant. I stopped flushing because it’s such a hassle and I just stop feeding 2 weeks before harvest and give water only.

2 Likes