Can I harvest now?

A question from a fellow grower:

Ok I live in East Tennessee I have 8 plants that most of my white pistils have turned brown or dark red and it is time for me to cut them I need to know if it is ok to harvest them during a rainy week I know that it’s going to be raining for the next couple of days and I do not want my s*** to mold so can you please help me on what to do I do not going to wait and lose any ca. U help me

You need to harvest when you feel the plants are ready. If it is rainy, and high humidity threatens your yield; Make sure to keep plenty of air circulating, and possibly invest in a dehumidifier in order to keep RH down, allowing plants to dry evenly.

Just wanted to get some opinions on my girl, as this is my first attempt at growing. Strain is unknown, has been grown outdoors in soil with a ph of around 6.5-7 and is currently in its 7th week of flowering. When examined with a jewellers loupe, the trichome ratio seems to be a bit different depending on the bud examined; the two most prominent are showing maybe 5-10% Amber trichomes, other buds are only showing milky ones. It looks like it’s had a bit of a growth spurt in the last week where the buds have gotten fluffier and lighter in colour, so I’m not really sure if it’s ready to pick yet or not?


Have the same question :sweat_smile:
Have u been flushing

Yeah, been flushing for 2 weeks now as I thought it was gonna be ready by now, not really knowing how far off it actually was.

I’d wait till you get at least 50 50 on the trichs. She looks nice, and I’d say sativa so let her go a couple more weeks. Good work, don’t ruin it now by pulling ro early.

1 Like

Really, 50/50? I thought that trichs turning Amber was them degrading. I’m aiming for more of a head stone over body as couch lock stuff is all that’s available where I live.

1 Like

at 50/50 not degrading just giving you more of a couch lock. If you’re after a purely head stone you can even harvest when they are 100% cloudy and no clear left, id wait till seeing a few amber still to make sure theres no clear.