Can i grow with CFL LIGHT

can i grow 1 plant in my shower , with a cfl light one of them thats a foot long it’s 125 w 2,700k , any help , need something to do , till summer ,lol , thank you all for the help

1 Like

You can run the veg cycle with CFLs, but you need a light source with red spectrum for flowering.

1 Like

Just my 2 pennies CFLs are only good for seedlings up to 2-3 weeks I wouldn’t think you would get close to flower BUT… Wait for the others to tune in @merlin44 @Covertgrower @Holmes just a start

3 Likes

It’ll grow with that light, but won’t typically yield much. As other stated light upgrade will have better yield.

3 Likes

You could definitely grow with CFL’s but like others have mentioned yield will not be the greatest. My first two grows where done with CFL’s. A better option is with LED’s. I made the following light. Just remember to cut the bulbs off the light. The bulbs are 100 watt equivalent. I use 5000k for Veg and 3000k for flowering. Just switch the bulbs.

As stated you really need good lighting, one thing that would help is if you make your space smaller because you are spreading your light out more in relation to to the space. You need about 30watts sqft. to get dense buds. When looking for lighting be sure to check draw(actual wattage usage) and if unsure ask someone on the forum about a specific light!

1 Like

were did you buy that , or did you make it , i like that , thank you

@vern I purchased the 7 way splitter on Amazon. The LED bulbs I purchased from my local dollar store. Bulbs were $4.00 each. Also purchased an extension cord at $ store cut the one end off and wired it to the light plate that I purchased from Home Depot. In all the light pulls about 109 actual watts from the wall.

3 Likes

i like this , for a 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 foot shower do i need the 7way splitter , for 1 plant , or a 5 way , i am going to make one , thank you

i am going to make one , my shower is 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 feet , for 1 plant do i need the 7 way or the 5 way splitter , thank you for a nice idea ,vern

I would go for the 7 splitter for one plant. It’s more light and the more light the better. I currently have one plant under the 7 light in a 2x3 tent. @vern

thank you again , now to amazon ,lol