Can I Grow Marijuana Plants In 2 Liter Soda Bottles

Growing cannabis soda bottlesMy marijuana garden is 10’ x 12’ (120 square feet), and I’m using 20-gallon pails to grow in. Is it possible to use 2-liter soda bottles in the garden? Do you recommend it? If so, how do I do it?

There are distinct benefits and detriments to switching from large containers to a more “sea of green” system. Large buckets with planting medium are convenient, and only a small amount of large marijuana plants grow (which is more advantageous since mandatory sentencing guidelines are determined by the number of plants, not their size).

A sea of green garden with small hydroponic containers with either and ebb-and-glo or drip system is more labor intensive. The marijuana plants need to be irrigated more often, and, although watering options can be triggered automatically, the system will still require a larger time investment on your part. If you increase the number of marijuana plants to more than 100, you surpass the federal mandatory minimums. Decreasing the size of the buckets to 15-inch diameters would make for 72 plants in your garden which would get you under the mandatory minimum sentencing guidelines. The canopy would be filled much more quickly than it would have been with only 20 plants.

Robert

1 Like